Exhaust Can for E-tec

chaser

Reaction score
I have a 2012 etec 800 x on the way and i'm trying to decide on a exhaust can to purchase. I've always run MBRP cans, but this time I would like to try something different maybe more compact and a little louder. Anyone have any recommendations

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing, and top secret, are both good cans. Love my mbrp.

Sent from my Desire HD

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm looking at "the Thing"! New and improved for my cooking prowess! I'm into cooking/eating more so than noise.

A two tier cooker inserted into the can. Should be interesting as this way one doesn't have to
cut the clamshell and remove the insulation for the traditional spot for the HotPot.

05174026.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My MBRP is hanging on the wall, if anyone want to buy it, I'll bring it to the sled show sat, I want to try a dynoport system this season.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's interesting....picture?

Not home right now but the clamshell is shorter on the Y-pipe end compared to the 08 I had. The cripped expansion chamber even is cut in for a couple inches to allow for the clamp around the pipe. The gear clamp failed for me due to high vibrations and heat in this area so using strapping and a muffler spring worked for me but it sure is a *@#%* of a job to get your hand in there to connect that spring.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not home right now but the clamshell is shorter on the Y-pipe end compared to the 08 I had. The cripped expansion chamber even is cut in for a couple inches to allow for the clamp around the pipe. The gear clamp failed for me due to high vibrations and heat in this area so using strapping and a muffler spring worked for me but it sure is a *@#%* of a job to get your hand in there to connect that spring.

another reason to look at the cooker in the can. Sledshedrevy has them.....

jumpingjack

Reaction score
If you don't want the "THING" cooker can you can just get the regular can from the Sled Shed in Revy. Al and Pete garantee their work. Their cans always work good and last for years.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone running the bikeman can?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there isn't really any cans that don't work well...Some are a little tight, some are a little more open. Some will actually lead to a few HP loss, none will increase HP on the etec.

All cans shave a few pounds off, and all add a little more bark.

Only one has the cooker option for you cook's out there with your garlic shrimp!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
there isn't really any cans that don't work well...Some are a little tight, some are a little more open. Some will actually lead to a few HP loss, none will increase HP on the etec.

All cans shave a few pounds off, and all add a little more bark.

Only one has the cooker option for you cook's out there with your garlic shrimp!

you just wait buddy! A whole new concept opening up with 2 cooking compartments in one cooker.

Can you imagine lemon garlic shrimp followed by a broiled lobster tail, smothered with garlic cream cheese over egg noodles?

Top Bottom