Exhaust Can for E-tec

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the mbrp last season, fit was good and it sound ok, nice and chrisp a WOT and not too loud at idle. After one season it's a tad rusty and looks like crap now though, something that the mbrp p-tek cans did not do...:nono:

robhayward

Reaction score
I ran the mbrp last season, fit was good and it sound ok, nice and chrisp a WOT and not too loud at idle. After one season it's a tad rusty and looks like crap now though, something that the mbrp p-tek cans did not do...:nono:

My P-tek MBRP can was painted black top and bottom, chrome around silencer and rusted so it looked 15 years old.

HPS is my fav. Good looks and sound.

Clay911

Reaction score
Dyno Port barker. Loudest can I have had on a sled. Any sled.

Attachments

• IMG-20111108-00208.jpg
    IMG-20111108-00208.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 358

Clay911

Reaction score
Riderz in Edson sell them.i think $320ish is price i got this one slightly used so was cheaper.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
For the rusted cans has anybody tried to use high temperature paint? Like stove paint for wood stoves and chimneys.

I'm thinking it should work well and clean up the rusty look....just throwing that out there.

Gader69

Reaction score
Got a Dynoport ceramic Big Core Barker for my 2012 BCX 800 Etec, still waiting on the sled so don't know how it sounds but I have one on my 2007 Renegade X 800, it sounds way better than the Specialty X can I have on my 2010 Summit.Way throatier at idle and really barks when you get on the flipper.....

Stantheman

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the SLP lighweight silencer? I just want something that dont cause my 12 etec to bog. SLP seems like a big enough company to afford proper testing.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the SLP lighweight silencer? I just want something that dont cause my 12 etec to bog. SLP seems like a big enough company to afford proper testing.

Your sled shouldn't bog. Doubt very much it is the can. Rather than hijack a can thread, if you wanted to start a thread for ways to cure your bog there are a number of things you should be looking at, especially with a '12 X

Actually, its a can thread, so whichever...

maybe describe the bog you have and why you feel a can will cure it.

Stantheman

Reaction score
Sorry I miss led you. My sled runs fine, I just heard that some cans have caused bogging problems at certain rpm's. My goal is to drop the weight without affecting throttle response for the worse. Thinking of going with a full SLP exhaust system but still researching.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I miss led you. My sled runs fine, I just heard that some cans have caused bogging problems at certain rpm's. My goal is to drop the weight without affecting throttle response for the worse. Thinking of going with a full SLP exhaust system but still researching.

I put the full SLP set up on mine shortly after break in period was complete. It was a completely different sled. Mid to top end increase was noticable. The sled takes off when the exhaust valves open.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a BMP muffler sensor adaptor? or any other brand. Is the idea of this to get away from the bog/engine retarding that some people get with after market cans?

Top Bottom