Etec performance kit, billit head

mark4

Reaction score
Nice pull. Does that stuff work? Hard to gauge without another sled and hero snow.

If you call soaking wet heavy 12" fresh snow hero snow? It was raining and snowing for a few days before this day. It wasn't really easy going, escpecially on a steep climb.
The Etec works great, ran all season, didn't miss a beat, more compression then the low compression stock head.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you call soaking wet heavy 12" fresh snow hero snow? It was raining and snowing for a few days before this day. It wasn't really easy going, escpecially on a steep climb.
The Etec works great, ran all season, didn't miss a beat, more compression then the low compression stock head.

Any hiccups with the computer and the head?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12" of fresh? Fresh snow maybe. Fresh snow, soaking wet, set up on hero snow, still hard to judge performance on a little video. Anyone have some #'s?

The 2011's would obviously gain from this, but they also gain from using proper base gaskets, proper porting and a proper head, all found on the 2012.

Mark - I don't know much about TerraAlps, I am guessing you are representing them? Any luck on that 860 overbore? How did they solve the increased fuel delivery issues?

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Takethebounce, wet heavy snow is a load on the clutching and engine. So the vid shows the etec with higher compression billit head, holding rpm on a long pull, with snappy throttle response, which was noticiable when bolting on the heads. We added clutch weight and a helix to this sled.
Sure there could have been a sled to race against but there wasn't another stock etec there that day, but 2 other mods that run good.
The owner of the sled rides with another etec all the time and it doesn't compare, so these heads are as good as our heads for the carbed 800r engines when bolted on are a good gain.
We put alot of work into these heads to be the best for power and cooling and for now the only heads availible with lots of time on the snow in the mtns where we ride.

So about the 2012's? what do you feel is different from the 2011 to the 2012's. I get a new engine every year and blue print them. Besides the new pistons.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Takethebounce, wet heavy snow is a load on the clutching and engine. So the vid shows the etec with higher compression billit head, holding rpm on a long pull, with snappy throttle response, which was noticiable when bolting on the heads. We added clutch weight and a helix to this sled.
Sure there could have been a sled to race against but there wasn't another stock etec there that day, but 2 other mods that run good.
The owner of the sled rides with another etec all the time and it doesn't compare, so these heads are as good as our heads for the carbed 800r engines when bolted on are a good gain.
We put alot of work into these heads to be the best for power and cooling and for now the only heads availible with lots of time on the snow in the mtns where we ride.

So about the 2012's? what do you feel is different from the 2011 to the 2012's. I get a new engine every year and blue print them. Besides the new pistons.

I don't disagree that it is loading the motor and clutching. But no mention of track speeds and such.

The 11's and 12's are different machines. Different gasket thickness, proper porting, better injection be it through mapping or different (larger) voice coils. There deffinetly appears to be a larger demand on the stator at wot. Estart sleds benefit from having a battery to pull power from. A small cap might fix most of the non estart issues. (or battery) My mindset is not on sledding right now, its on biking, so I can't recall all the differences we saw. The motor responded very well to the larger SLP exhaust as well, more than the 11's. I rode several hunred miles everything stock before I switched so I would know there was a difference.

Top Bottom