Epoxy

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who makes a good epoxy? Tried that 2 part LePage junk that comes in a tube and it didn't work worth a **** and is still tacky and not working a week later. Tryin to repair my sled windshield, has a small crack in the bottom corner & trying to stop it from spreading

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually buy my epoxy from a hobby shop. You can usually get larger containers of the resin and hardener and different types with different curing times. I have kids so I need more volume on hand than the little tubes you can buy elsewhere!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used the hobby shop epoxy too...good stuff. BUT you will find it doesn't like UV. It will yellow if left outside a bunch.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
Drill a hole in the windshield at the end of the crack before repairing it. Takes the pressure off and distributes it degrees-or some theory like that.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with the little tubes. Get a pro grade product, 3m, Norton, or fusor are all good, and available in speeds from 1-90 minute set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hobby shop it is. Its just a small corner piece, no risk of it getting any worse just wanna fix it up a bit, make it look better & make sure it dosent come off.
It also has a terrible looking checker flag design across the bottom (in the first pic), how do I get rid of it? Think it's either silk screened or or painted on. Tried the usual like goo gone, goof off and isopropyl but nothing works. Don't want to scratch it, can I just paint the whole piece? What would I use? Rattle can paint looks like crap, I'd like to keep the original glossy finish just wanna get rid of the checkered flag part. Thx for all the replies
IMG_1161.jpg
IMG_1160.jpg

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That plastic welding stuff, where would I find the materials for that?
Would be handy to have some that in the tool box

Great vid zal, very interesting

Top Bottom