Elkford 2011/2012

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks for the grooming job F.S. Trail up in nice and smooth..

About a foot and a bit of fresh up Smith basin...Tracked out now :)

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. Made for an awesome weekend. Drive home felt a little long. Hit a storm between crows nest and nanton but roads were decent after that.

devildogg

Reaction score
Not to take away from the steeped history and the reason for the name of Mear's Lake but there is a large area above Mear Lake and some are getting little subdivision names (ie Cowboy Basin)!

View attachment 117996

Oh I think I understand
Cowboybasini.jpg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well than Doug, if you could thank Marcel for us!
This is the only pic I took at the parking lot at the Inn, after that the riding was soooo good, I never thought about my camera. LOL
I do know that Snow Angel, and AprilO took some, I'll see if they can post some up

Attachments

• DSCN1492.jpg
    DSCN1492.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 191

devildogg

Reaction score
Don't forget if you enjoyed the groomed trails there is a voluntary trail pass that helps support our little group, available at anytime at the gas station
Thanks

Glad you guys enjoyed the trails there is a lot of effort put into the groomer by only a handful of people

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Don't forget if you enjoyed the groomed trails there is a voluntary trail pass that helps support our little group, available at anytime at the gas station
Thanks

Glad you guys enjoyed the trails there is a lot of effort put into the groomer by only a handful of people

Yep i bought last time we rode and will continue to support Elkford area for sure..:)

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T'wasn't me buddy. I've been too busy with that trail in Fernie.

You can thank Marcel.....he's the man!

Can a person buy trail maps at the local gas station in Elkford? Are the trails well marked? Want to ride in Elkford sometime around New Years.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming down to Elkford on the 26th and staying until the 30th anyone going to be riding that area during that time?
There is going to be 2 of us and would like to tag along if someone's riding around that time.

Thanks

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can a person buy trail maps at the local gas station in Elkford? Are the trails well marked? Want to ride in Elkford sometime around New Years.

Coming down to Elkford on the 26th and staying until the 30th anyone going to be riding that area during that time?
There is going to be 2 of us and would like to tag along if someone's riding around that time.

Thanks

Thanks....... now you both got me thinking about ripping there for a day ride :D

Smithys..... I don't know if the gas station sells a map of the area, most of the riding areas there are unmarked and known by ppl who have been there before with a guide or a friendly local(and there is many of them).

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Lucky Bastage.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucky Bastage.
Hahaha I know life's tough...finished school last week...rode Mcbride on the weekend back to work for 4 days than off for another week lol
We were suppose to ride Revy but I figured why go and stay in hotels for a week when th wife's family has a condo in Elkford...better choice Id say :D

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha I know life's tough...finished school last week...rode Mcbride on the weekend back to work for 4 days than off for another week lol
We were suppose to ride Revy but I figured why go and stay in hotels for a week when th wife's family has a condo in Elkford...better choice Id say :D

that's a no brainer. If your looking for a guide PM Jeepchick or Mattmedic and they can put you in touch with Kelly.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucky Bastage.
Hahaha i know life's tough...finished school last week...rode Mcbride this past weekend now back to work for 4 days and off all next week lol
We had a trip planned to Revy but I figured why go stay in hotels all week when the wife's parents have a condo in Elkford...better choice Id say :D

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha i know life's tough...finished school last week...rode Mcbride this past weekend now back to work for 4 days and off all next week lol
We had a trip planned to Revy but I figured why go stay in hotels all week when the wife's parents have a condo in Elkford...better choice Id say :D

now your just rubbing it in. Don't make me come over there

Top Bottom