Elkford 2011/2012

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
F.S has there been any fresh snow there lately?
Thanks

It started to snow like a mother when I left there on Sunday.
F.S. would know forsure

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sat morning, pic takin by the "real wild 1"

Attachments

• 391030_10150444577246806_688906805_8853296_1544884719_n.jpg
    391030_10150444577246806_688906805_8853296_1544884719_n.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 191

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat night alot of snow around town had melted. Any snow on my sled from riding sat had melted off and the parking lot was icy. In the ditches alot of snow had melted too. But when I hit crows nest past I had to put my truck in 4wd and had it locked in until nanton. Storm was pretty heavy. So I am sure any snow that melted got replaced that day. Plus looking at the forecast out there it is supposed to snow in town for a couple days. I am sure it would be worth heading there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
No real fresh to speak of as it turned out to be just a dusting. The snow up top is nice and there are untracked areas in the trees. As our area doesn't see the traffic like Fernie, Revy, and Golden there are places to ride. Still early season hazards like stumps and rocks but what the heck, it is riding and at the end of the day one gets some exercise.....I see in one forecast that there are flurries now for Sat., Sun., Mon., and Tuesday! Let's doo the collective snow dance and pray to La Nina.......:xmas2004_15:

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Were definitely coming down than!
Might have to do some exploring but I'm sure it will be worth our while :D
F.S. Are you going to be riding the area at all next week?

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Were definitely coming down than!
Might have to do some exploring but I'm sure it will be worth our while :D
F.S. Are you going to be riding the area at all next week?

I'm around but don't know what I'll be dooing. Family coming but I don't know how long they will be here...I should probably check with my better half, eh! :xmas2004_15:

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm around but don't know what I'll be dooing. Family coming but I don't know how long they will be here...I should probably check with my better half, eh! :xmas2004_15:
Yeah probably a safe bet to check with the better half :d
If your up for a ride during the week next week than shoot me a PM...were leaving Bonnyville monday morning so we'll be rolling in late afternoon :D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yeah probably a safe bet to check with the better half :d
If your up for a ride during the week next week than shoot me a PM...were leaving Bonnyville monday morning so we'll be rolling in late afternoon :D

You had better shoot me a PM as I get quite busy in a hurry with riding, grooming, eating, toys, etc. :xmas2004_15:

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Grave Prairie area today I believe that's what it's called. The snow is pretty setup but we managed to find some pow in the trees, we probed and it was about 4' which is better than nothing. Probably going back there tomorrow again and go to Koko Claims/Smiths on thursday :)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you grab any pics. and I think it's called round prairie???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Grave Prairie is south of town by Line creek. Round Prairie is 5 km north of town. We rode Koko and Mear Lake today and it is pretty rode out but there are some secret spots to be had.

We will ride again tomorrow but don't know where yet. There is no snow in the valley bottom so it will be somewhere up high. Maybe see you guys tomorrow, fs

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you grab any pics. and I think it's called round prairie???
. I did take some pics QT but I didn't grab my camera cord to upload lol. The area is about 15mins south of town,we turned off the highway at Line Creek operations sign.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So then grave prairie is also known as the bone yard then? That is fun in there with good snow, a good place for a quick jont.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grave Prairie is south of town by Line creek. Round Prairie is 5 km north of town. We rode Koko and Mear Lake today and it is pretty rode out but there are some secret spots to be had. We will ride again tomorrow but don't know where yet. There is no snow in the valley bottom so it will be somewhere up high. Maybe see you guys tomorrow, fs
Yup that's the area we were in FS, there was only 2 other trucks up there,we ended up driving the trucks up a little ways...past the sand pit where everyone usually unloads and than you gotta drop the scratchers down up to that cut block and than it's good from there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So then grave prairie is also known as the bone yard then? That is fun in there with good snow, a good place for a quick jont.

The bone yard is the entrance to Norstrom and Brule. It is where Highway's drop the road kill on the west side of the highway. As Pawel said, "Grave Prairie is on the road to Line Creek" and one gets in behind Grave Lake into the Alexandra area.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well rode Grave Prairie area again today got some fresh snow over night 2-3" up top...it ended up covering our tracks from last night. We spent most of the day just venturing off in to new areas...some of them got pretty interesting :D All in all it was a good day. Koko Claims and area tomorrow.

Top Bottom