Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2019-2020

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all that you and the others do Jeff. Not much fun riding out there when it’s cold and even worse trying to find someone in the dark I the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately this seems to happen regularly.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was crazy cold looking for him last night yes, we gave up at 3am, as last com with radio was 10 ish

Chopper got him out this am

Weird situation and no thinking involved, my opinion

When I was a young Ladd on the farm mom said never ride your snowmobile farther than you are willing to walk home. When it quit I walked back the way I can from not the way I was going. People should remember which way they came from. Hats off to tax and the guys that went out and looked.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well few of us made the trek over from owls to hunters, met Lund at the stash cabin, went back towards Gordon Sydney cabin, found some real good pockets of snow in the trees, went the ridge way there and cook creek way back around, then the lower way past the ridge and up over top, good 100 km plus day

Sun was out, warmed up ( at least it felt it, till you got in the shadows lol ), trail was cock hard and heating up was a issue going up

Seen only a few guys, and definitely less tracks towards the middle

Hope for fresh lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well few of us made the trek over from owls to hunters, met Lund at the stash cabin, went back towards Gordon Sydney cabin, found some real good pockets of snow in the trees, went the ridge way there and cook creek way back around, then the lower way past the ridge and up over top, good 100 km plus day

Sun was out, warmed up ( at least it felt it, till you got in the shadows lol ), trail was cock hard and heating up was a issue going up

Seen only a few guys, and definitely less tracks towards the middle

Hope for fresh lol
I can't decide what did a bigger number on my face the sunburn or wind burn LOL

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree, I'm burnt some too, and the last few days of wind up top may be some of the tightness lol

Face is red tho, early tan for boating I guess

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was crazy cold looking for him last night yes, we gave up at 3am, as last com with radio was 10 ish

Chopper got him out this am

Weird situation and no thinking involved, my opinion
So is there more to the story about this? Was he prepared to overnight it? Was he sledding alone? Did he build a snow cave to survive the night?

Last edited:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our usual foreskin, I mean foursome, did a trip up Owl's trail. As Tex mentioned the trail was again cock hard, in my day it would have been diamond cutter hard but I'm much older than Tex and no doubt that area of men may have changed somewhat with respect to its attributes when in a specific state of temporal flux....................where was I????? Oh ya, Billdozer, Roberto and Ryan were in the crew, absolutely gorgeous day up top........thats it!
From the parking lot and up 100 yds was rock aka cock hard diamond cutter dirt, but after that it weren't bad at all! Hats off to the groomer guys, trail in premo shape, absolutely perfect. I was waiting at 1km for the rest of the tardy crew when 6 other sleds showed up, stopped, were dumping snow on their tunnels and complaining about overheating. One loon even went so far as to take his sled off the trail, put it on its side and run the living crap outta it! Does that cool things off, never tried that before! We had no problems.
We went in to numerous areas, just past the Owl's turnoff, meadows themselves untouched but a mere 6-8" of snow, a bit more through the trees, but no prizes. We tried back towards Blue, again, beat up, we did find some new areas, to us, that were quite a ways off the trail but with the warmer temps snow not so good. We then went back towards Owl's and took the back trail into Eco, beat up (Tex!!!) and went over into Eco, beat up (Tex!!!) and thats when we called it a day. Nothing but sunshine, need 2' of fresh to make things lovely again, great day with the boys though!

Attachments

• 200316.jpg
    200316.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 264

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes I agree, I'm burnt some too, and the last few days of wind up top may be some of the tightness lol

Face is red tho, early tan for boating I guess

Hahaha, i'm in the same boat, didn't really noticed till I got into the hot shower last night and holy..LOL
All and all good fun day, KB had a great time and found plenty of pow to play in, in our more quiet zones.
Certainly wish I would had more time in Cook.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, i'm in the same boat, didn't really noticed till I got into the hot shower last night and holy..LOL
All and all good fun day, KB had a great time and found plenty of pow to play in, in our more quiet zones.
Certainly wish I would had more time in Cook.
Both Brandon and I said same thing, we left too much alone

But we were in a group so

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our usual foreskin, I mean foursome, did a trip up Owl's trail. As Tex mentioned the trail was again cock hard, in my day it would have been diamond cutter hard but I'm much older than Tex and no doubt that area of men may have changed somewhat with respect to its attributes when in a specific state of temporal flux....................where was I????? Oh ya, Billdozer, Roberto and Ryan were in the crew, absolutely gorgeous day up top........thats it!
From the parking lot and up 100 yds was rock aka cock hard diamond cutter dirt, but after that it weren't bad at all! Hats off to the groomer guys, trail in premo shape, absolutely perfect. I was waiting at 1km for the rest of the tardy crew when 6 other sleds showed up, stopped, were dumping snow on their tunnels and complaining about overheating. One loon even went so far as to take his sled off the trail, put it on its side and run the living crap outta it! Does that cool things off, never tried that before! We had no problems.
We went in to numerous areas, just past the Owl's turnoff, meadows themselves untouched but a mere 6-8" of snow, a bit more through the trees, but no prizes. We tried back towards Blue, again, beat up, we did find some new areas, to us, that were quite a ways off the trail but with the warmer temps snow not so good. We then went back towards Owl's and took the back trail into Eco, beat up (Tex!!!) and went over into Eco, beat up (Tex!!!) and thats when we called it a day. Nothing but sunshine, need 2' of fresh to make things lovely again, great day with the boys though!
You didn't ride eco that much, if we would have not rode with Lund and hunters, you could have followed tracks to zipper lip creek, and the sweet stuff

Eco does not exist, forget about it lmfao

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep me in touch with riding Mustang, I should be in for it. But now you let the cat out of the bag, I guess I wont be switching ski's this time...LOL.
There is more snow this year, plus you didn't like her skis sooooo

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You didn't ride eco that much, if we would have not rode with Lund and hunters, you could have followed tracks to zipper lip creek, and the sweet stuff

Eco does not exist, forget about it lmfao

We've been down as far as the logging road on that side and the "fence", guess we're still outta the zone! Cook Crk way is nice though!:cool:

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Revelstoke cut their grooming season short due to the beer virus. Wonder if Sicamous will follow suit...

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy ......lots of sledders out and about town this morning

Last edited:
Top Bottom