Dumb way to drain fuel

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the days of a guy filling his mouth with old race gas threw a chunk of fuel line really gone? You need a pump to be able to get rid of some old fuel?? Lol. What happened to the good old days?
I’ll drink a little gas to get off the hill. But in my garage I don’t see the need.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easiest syphon I've found is stick hose in tank holding onto one end get hose as full as possible no air bubbles, plug end of hose with thumb/finger, carefully pull out plugged end making sure other end stays submerged in tank and do not remove thumb until you are at a spot lower than the suction of the hose, start siphon. plug and move to where ever you want as long as you are lower than the suction point. Cant beat gravity its the real deal.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could have either left the cap on until it was upside down, or turned it over faster!!!

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Maybe you could have either left the cap on until it was upside down, or turned it over faster!!!

I did leave it on but when I undid it my glove got soaked. Afterwards I brought my gloves into the mud room and stunk up the joint. Another wise move. Can’t go full dumb from the get go. Well, that’s debatable in this case.

On the bright and learning side, check out how many different methods peeps use for extracting fuel. We are learning from each other and advancing as a human race, right here on SandM!

Last edited:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the days of a guy filling his mouth with old race gas threw a chunk of fuel line really gone? You need a pump to be able to get rid of some old fuel?? Lol. What happened to the good old days?

Lucky! hope it was clear line, all I ever got was an old chunk of garden hose.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and do it outside of your garage, this is what happened to me in 2013. lost 40 yrs of tool collecting..my sled. my new GoldWing and a 2 week old F150 . all insured except the Gold Wing.

Attachments

• Garage on fire 2.jpg
    Garage on fire 2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 200

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and do it outside of your garage, this is what happened to me in 2013. lost 40 yrs of tool collecting..my sled. my new GoldWing and a 2 week old F150 . all insured except the Gold Wing.

That really sucks...

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you elaborate for us as to how syphoning fuel from your sled caught your shop on fire? I feel that this may be a very important piece of information that can help to ensure others are not caught in the same situation. Either way, terrible deal!

Top Bottom