Drive Shaft issue

Braedend

Reaction score
Hey, I have 2.4 km's on mine. Went to take it for a rip as we just got nearly two feet of snow didn't even make it to the end of the driveway and my driveshaft went... Brand new 2013 pro made it about a hundred feet... Fml

Exact same as the picture above..!!

What a piss off. Huge let down

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested to see what polaris is going to do about the situation.. Still very few reports but as tavis43 says, not all the sleds will have this problem just the ones where the driveshafts didn't bond properly. Maybe there will be a recall on the bad ones shortly and the driveshafts will be replaced under warranty..?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have 2.4 km's on mine. Went to take it for a rip as we just got nearly two feet of snow didn't even make it to the end of the driveway and my driveshaft went... Brand new 2013 pro made it about a hundred feet... Fml

Exact same as the picture above..!!

What a piss off. Huge let down
shitty on ur luck,,,when was your sled produced? tell me no where near sept 17th

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should of stuck with the old design as it worked and is available if one were to break. They should of done more testing on it before releasing it on a production sled.
I guess they were too excited about releasing a lightweight sled. Sure hope they cure this little drawback and for those affected, I hope the downtime is short.

snobyrd

Reaction score
Hey u stole my pict.. Frenchie. Tav my sled won't be ready until dec 1 so maybe I'll have a little more glue on my driveshaft lol

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh! So your still getting your sled. Great !!!!!
Maybe it will come without a driveshaft and a motor. LOL. This way you won't have any problems.

snobyrd

Reaction score
Oh! So your still getting your sled. Great !!!!!
Maybe it will come without a driveshaft and a motor. LOL. This way you won't have any problems.

I'm still on the fence frenchie, I really want one but I don't want their problems, I've rode cat since 06, and also back in the early 90s, with no issues, I sorta bounce around the brands with wat I think is the most reliable ,strong and fitting for me, and bomi has never made the cut for me, their just masters at advertising, almost a cult. It's just like back in the 6liter ford days, they made a nice truck but the engine was chit, even though people new these things were junk they still bought them, pulled their hair out afterwards , and couldn't get rid of them because they were a lemon, I kept buying dodge cummins in the mean time. I wanted the ford chasis instead of the lumber wagon dodge but I had to go with wat made sence. So just like buying a sled, it can be light, powerful and awesome looking , but if it's broke down all the time, sitting in the shop, it's IMHO it's junk and I will not buy it. Back in 2011 I went into my local pol dealer drooled over the new pro, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it because of the dragon history, instead I went to a cat, turboed it , and it didn't have 1 warranty claim. So I'll sit here on the sidelines for the next 3 weeks and see what happens

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took mine out last night with a foot of good hard snow and 8 inches of fresh. set out to give the drive shaft a work out and i did. it is just fine on mine
2013 pro 163
\

that said talked to a friend in vanderhoof who broke his pulling it into his trailer

bradb

Reaction score
took mine out last night with a foot of good hard snow and 8 inches of fresh. set out to give the drive shaft a work out and i did. it is just fine on mine
2013 pro 163
\

that said talked to a friend in vanderhoof who broke his pulling it into his trailer

I did the same thing,no problems.

snobyrd

Reaction score
snobyrd Take the sled you'll have lots of fun. All sleds have little issues.

Frenchie, a disabled drive shaft is a biggie for me, where I ride is chopper land, I can't afford to have a big breakdown like a engine or shaft, in the past I've had to swap out a buddies doo engine in the middle of nowhere cause we were up and over into a big valley, another time when doo had crank problems in 07, we had a doo go down , we were in chopper land, we busted 2 cat bumpers getting that piece of junk out, like I said ,I got 3 more weeks to decide....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frenchie, a disabled drive shaft is a biggie for me, where I ride is chopper land, I can't afford to have a big breakdown like a engine or shaft, in the past I've had to swap out a buddies doo engine in the middle of nowhere cause we were up and over into a big valley, another time when doo had crank problems in 07, we had a doo go down , we were in chopper land, we busted 2 cat bumpers getting that piece of junk out, like I said ,I got 3 more weeks to decide....
lol....we did the same motor swap deal in my old '01 ZX when the stator went waaay back in hasler. actually had to do it twice in one weekend, on the same sled. donor motor made it 10kms and then sh!t the bed as well. my time is a lot cheaper than the bird's....

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 pro 163
\

what was your friends sled? A 155' or 163' was it a LE or just a regular? What was the manufacturing date? What was your manufacturing date as well?

Top Bottom