Drive clutch parts help please

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey

Doing a friend a favor, and repairing his clutch to get him out of a bind. This is the first TRA I have ever worked on.
In this pic I'm sure the broken tin chunks are what remains of the spring cup bushing. I'm hoping to press a new bushing in, but if the cup is damaged too bad it will be replaced. Half of the bushing was down inside with the spring, embedded into a plastic bushing. (as can be seen in pic 2.

This leads to my question. What is the plastic bushing? I think I see it listed as #35 in the parts breakdown but its not clear to me where it goes or what it does. Is it just a spring centering device? It still fits nicely on the fixed sheave shaft, just externally a little beat up. Advice? Thanks in advance, Dan

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy the spring cap with the bushing in it. You will be much happier. That plastic piece just floats on ther to keep the spring centered.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy the spring cap with the bushing in it. You will be much happier. That plastic piece just floats on ther to keep the spring centered.

Awesome! Thanks snopro for the reply, that's what I figured but I wanted to be sure. I see the spring cap is pretty affordable so that's the way I'll go.

Dan

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's also to keep the sheaves from touching each other under full collapse

Top Bottom