Draining fuel tank

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to drain the fuel out of my 13 summit xm. Has anyone found anything that works good?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
All I ever do is just unplug the fuel pump harness, take of the fuel hose at the pump coming from the gas tank, and then put on an extra piece of hose I have, then strip a couple pieces of wire and plug it into the harness. Stick the hose into Jerry cans and connect the circuit to a 9v battery. It'll pump until there's not enough fuel to pump.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are u just trying to get the fuel out for summer??

Just throw some sea foam in it, run it fir a few min

Run it once every month or two

Keeps gas good, and no water ect either

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA jigglers, that was smart marketing.

You know all you need to do is stick a hose into a tank. Put most of it into the tank and when only the end of the hose is sticking out. Put your thumb on it, to cover the end and pull the hose out enough to reach your container, take thumb off and voila siphon.

I love dummies that suck on hoses....hahaha...not to smart

And if that's to challenging for you, get your self a priming bulb at Canadian tire. Same used for marine outboards. Jiggler's thats pretty cool LOL

Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA jigglers, that was smart marketing.

You know all you need to do is stick a hose into a tank. Put most of it into the tank and when only the end of the hose is sticking out. Put your thumb on it, to cover the end and pull the hose out enough to reach your container, take thumb off and voila siphon.

I love dummies that suck on hoses....hahaha...not to smart

And if that's to challenging for you, get your self a priming bulb at Canadian tire. Same used for marine outboards. Jiggler's thats pretty cool LOL
Evidently you are not familiar with a Mexican credit card. I happen to have a considerable amount of experience with a siphon hose when I was a kid. Although I did not keep a tally I suspect that in my younger years I "purchased " several hundred gallons of gas for my 1972GMC 396 Camper special with my Mexican credit card. It was about the same time my dad got a 454 station wagon. Crap that thing burnt gas, but it did get better after it got broke in which happened to be about the same time I got a full time job. Personally I never had a problem using a chunk of garden hose about three minutes for a five gallon jerrycan. It would take hours to fill a gas tank with a priming bulb, just not practical on a Friday night.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Evidently you are not familiar with a Mexican credit card. I happen to have a considerable amount of experience with a siphon hose when I was a kid. Although I did not keep a tally I suspect that in my younger years I "purchased " several hundred gallons of gas for my 1972GMC 396 Camper special with my Mexican credit card. It was about the same time my dad got a 454 station wagon. Crap that thing burnt gas, but it did get better after it got broke in which happened to be about the same time I got a full time job. Personally I never had a problem using a chunk of garden hose about three minutes for a five gallon jerrycan. It would take hours to fill a gas tank with a priming bulb, just not practical on a Friday night.

you openly admit to stealing fuel on a public forum. Smart, real smart.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

AH ha, so your the little bas tard...LOL

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to drain the fuel out of my 13 summit xm. Has anyone found anything that works good?
I don't really know why your having to drain the fuel but if it is for summer storage, as already mentioned by Tex, its best to store the sled with a full tank of fuel and run a fuel stabilizer in it. Keep it in a cool area under cover.
An empty fuel tank can cause many issues if left for an extended period. Drying out seals, sticking injectors if yours is injected and fuel lines hardening and cracking. Carb gaskets drying and eventually leading to leaks, fuel pump failures, etc, etc.
Plus an empty fuel tank will tend to fume alot more and can be a hazard.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you openly admit to stealing fuel on a public forum. Smart, real smart.
What are they going to do say something, how this many years and no idea who, what, when, where, couldn't do sh!t to him

U think they will csi his hose and mind read where it happened and to whom

fire66

Reaction score
I use the jiggle siphon hose and it does work quite well, if you tip the sled over a bit you can get most of the fuel out and stabilize what is left.
There is definitely two schools of thought for storage (full tank/empty tank) but I wouldn't trust burning a full tank of fuel that has been sitting in the tank for 6 or 7 months stabilized or not. Fuel these days is not great to start with and begins to degrade quickly, most fuels also contain ethanol which will absorb moisture while sitting, neither is good for today's 2 cycle engines.
My opinion only but I would be siphoning either in the spring prior to storage or in the fall before use.
My 2 cents.

• Thanks
Reactions: ZIG

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I guess I'm in a little different situation. My sleds are stored in a covered shop out of the elements. They sit there for only 5 months (June through October) with whatever gas (only premium grade with no ethanol) is in them from the last ride and I don't worry about it. In the fall at the end of October, I add or top up with new premium and go. Never an issue. No fogging. Never been any problems.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick up the phone
book a room somewhere in the hills
drive to thus hills
burn it off with a nice warm day of spring riding

your all wrong this by FAR is the best option

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm in a little different situation. My sleds are stored in a covered shop out of the elements. They sit there for only 5 months (June through October) with whatever gas (only premium grade with no ethanol) is in them from the last ride and I don't worry about it. In the fall at the end of October, I add or top up with new premium and go. Never an issue. No fogging. Never been any problems.
I add sea foam just cause, but ya no fogging for me either

Just run it once and a while, up to temp, smell the 2 smoke mmmmmmmmm and fill it up with fresh and ride in November again

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the Jiggler the Riddler's jail cell mate in the original Batman series?

Top Bottom