DPF Delete

oldman

Reaction score
As title says who has done it and what cost is it. Warranty is just about over so considering getting it done. My truck is a 2011 dodge 6.7. Thanks in advance.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As title says who has done it and what cost is it. Warranty is just about over so considering getting it done. My truck is a 2011 dodge 6.7. Thanks in advance.

Just do it, and don't look back

sent while I should be drinking tea's

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Call Ric...780 464 6000.

Known as Summitric on the site.

Best thing ever on my 6.7....

Mileage, power, runs way better and a big improvement towing.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Ric...780 464 6000.

X2 haven't had a chance to see what the mileage improvement will be but the performance is definitely noticeable. No more regens.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditch it, the DPF fluid has been found to cause cancer now, hence why they're getting rid of whole whole set up and going back to a burner in a few years. Other countries have already ditched it. Let the diesel be a diesel.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of shops do it or lots of kits out there to do it your self. I don't see how the trucks with dpf still in them are that much easier on the environment, they are harder on fuel and when they reburn they smoke like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditch it, the DPF fluid has been found to cause cancer now, hence why they're getting rid of whole whole set up and going back to a burner in a few years. Other countries have already ditched it. Let the diesel be a diesel.

where have you heard that? wouldn't surprise me though. Same as when they went unleaded in gasoline, the lead replacement was more harmful than the lead that it replaced.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 haven't had a chance to see what the mileage improvement will be but the performance is definitely noticeable. No more regens.

What mode do you usually run in? I leave mine in tow.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of shops do it or lots of kits out there to do it your self. I don't see how the trucks with dpf still in them are that much easier on the environment, they are harder on fuel and when they reburn they smoke like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virtually no soot comn out the exhaust wit def. def is urea and water. Both been around for how many decades now?? Not likely causing cancer

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did it drop you engine temps as well when your towing ??? i put my 5th wheel behind me and it doesnt come below 200 and have hit over 220

Call Ric...780 464 6000.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 11 6.7 I went from 450 kms to a tank to 1100.... Was well worth it with H&S tuner, Had no luck with Edge. Truck pulled better and shifted Way Better. Never put on higher setting then Tow or whatever was just above stock. Oh and took any lag right out of it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did it drop you engine temps as well when your towing ??? i put my 5th wheel behind me and it doesnt come below 200 and have hit over 220

I think it is has. I really have not looked that close.

My trailer is 13500 lbs.

And it tows it like nothing.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where have you heard that? wouldn't surprise me though. Same as when they went unleaded in gasoline, the lead replacement was more harmful than the lead that it replaced.

Heard it from a Kenworth dealership. Local cardlocks were going to install DEF tanks, but didn't because... They must have figured that DEF is gonna be a thing of the past in a few years.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you prove this? I am in the industry and work with it all the time. I just came back from Utah for Aftertreatment training. While I do believe it is not healthy I have never seen anything saying it causes cancer. Please provide some proof to your comment.

butters

Reaction score

220 degrees is well within operating temperature. My 2011 6.7 all deletes done runs 200-203 empty. The new diesels are meant to run that warm( warm engine=efficient engine) I would be backing out of the fuel pedal if I seen 235-240. Just the boiling point of water is 212. Now your cooling system is pressured up=3 degrees higher boiling point per 1 psi pressure. Got a ways to go to overheat.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard it from a Kenworth dealership. Local cardlocks were going to install DEF tanks, but didn't because... They must have figured that DEF is gonna be a thing of the past in a few years.

The reason not all cardlocks have DEF pumps is plain and simple economics. DEF freezes at -11C and any station in this part of the world would have to heat it to keep it above that temperature. If they're not going to move any amount of volume, it's not worth it.

As for it causing cancer, where do people come up with this chit?

Top Bottom