Does anyone own an excavating company

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here owns an excavating company? I know its not snowmobile related but if I don't find some temporary work soon. the only sleding I'll be doing is washing it in my garage. I am a layed off Heavy Equipment Operator and I need a couple of months work unitl I go back to the company I usually work for. Hope nobody minds this post.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup sure has slowen down from last year. I would feel better if the company i work for would get one of the big jobs they are bidding on. right now I am layed of do to weather but who nows how long when it warms up? scary year and Ei don't cover ch!t when you got bills and a family to feed/

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I have been laid off 3 times in less than a year and my current time with this company most likely will only last 3 more weeks, if I'm lucky and then that is it. Don't even know if it is closing for ever or just till things pick up.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ugg this is depressing, iv worked 18 hrs this month.... trying to find something else but no luck.... so i hope i can just go to school if i was get all my financial stuff worked out.... have you tryed Stubers cat service ? there from central alberta they might be lookin i thin they got some stuff on the go ..... I think by the end of this quarter we are really going to see stuff come to a hault. Hope oil gets to atleast 50 a berral b4 the end of next quarter so maybe stuff will pick up.....

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do, and i wish i could help you out. we have one cat working this week and that is it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it does suck for sure! Haven't been working enough hours since about Nov to even cover what I need each month, and the savings keep droping every month. Work picked up this week finally but now the weather isn't cooperating it has for sure been a terrible winter :mad: Never said this before but I really hope the snow melts soon and it gets warm and HOPEFULLY the summer will be decent. Last year you couldn't find anyone to work, now there is people coming around looking for a job or phoning all day long. Good luck on your job search, Bienvenue au Guichet emplois / Welcome to Job Bank is a very good site were i've been looking at lately. I really feel bad for people with families, i'm feeling it and I still live at home....

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i am glad to see someposts on this thread i figure networking would be worth a shot. I see there are alot of us struggling that frigen sucks i sure hope the econamy bounces back this year. I am sure there are some companys out there that are still doing well and are looking for workers. I tried the job bank but not to many companies seem to use them.

9hundo

no I don't but if you have a 1200 Hitatchi flying around chances are I could dig you a pretty big hole ......or load aprox 200 Rock trucks a day ..your choice ;)

Cause everyone has a 1200 laying around:d

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might wanna try

Job Search Canada | Job Search Engine- Wowjobs

might find something you are lookin for... Do you have any logging experiance ?? Lydell logging in drayton vally might be lookin my old man worked for them for a little they got mulchers and think track hoes and stuff, or maybe kroppt logging in dawson creek.... they both do oil field logging and cut blocks for mills .

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here owns an excavating company? I know its not snowmobile related but if I don't find some temporary work soon. the only sleding I'll be doing is washing it in my garage. I am a layed off Heavy Equipment Operator and I need a couple of months work unitl I go back to the company I usually work for. Hope nobody minds this post.

Reaper, what kind of equipment do you run other than hoe? Are you ok working away from home or are you looking strictly around Vernon?

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reaper, what kind of equipment do you run other than hoe? Are you ok working away from home or are you looking strictly around Vernon?

I am looking all over for work and willing to travel. I run Rubber tired backhoe, Excavator, Rock Truck, Compactor, Bobcat, (Dozer a little bit but not many hours on one yet mostly plowing snow.) I have used rock hammers, hoepacks as well. I have been running heavy equipment for a little over 6 years.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just lost my job at a sawmill this week..:mad: Never been between job's in my life! Very shitty feeling.

Top Bottom