Does anyone have info on Ted from Terra Alps Racing in Kelowna BC

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on this guy? He seems impossible to get a hold of and is the worst I've ever seen for a complete lack of communication. I personally feel that 2+ months of no response in regards to where things are at with a motor that was told should be turned out in about a week is crazy! Any info would be appreciated. Thx in advance.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought some stuff from him and it was painful....slow...no communication....the only way I could get any response was through email and even then it was slow. The tunnel extension I bought from him was top notch in quality but his customer service is pathetic. I wish you luck. He never answers the phone. I forgot to add it took 4 months from order date to the last part arrival !!!

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call him using a different number. He had my motor for 4 months a couple years ago. Called for weeks on my phone and my wife's, nothing. Used a buddy's phone, he answered on the second ring. Linderman gets my work now, always thought he was just a cat guy. Which I had known different back then. Ted did good work on the bb, just took forever.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guy is a tool, worst money I ever spent. He had my money next day on a week shipping date and three months later I snapped. I rang his phone continuously till it timed out and phoned again did this for a half hour till all of a sudden he sent me an email saying parts were on the bus. His shlt never ran right and he never offered any money back.
I wouldn't buy a pack of gum from this pile of dog !*@*.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll this is all very discouraging and concerning, he's been sent an email and I guess if he doesn't respond fairly soon, the RCMP May have to be involved. What a bad start to what we were hoping would be a great sled season. Thanks for the responses it's genuinely appreciated.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to be alot of previous threads on this guy with the same complaints. Doesn't seem to be much of a businessman?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya...doesn't this guy have this same thread started about him at least once a year?

At least once a year every year for as long as I can remember. Never seen any of his stuff so can't comment on that aspect. I'd never send a dollar his way though based on all these threads.

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Funny....

If we start talking about anyone else's big bore kits he will be willing and ready to reply and slide in his 2 cents how his BB kits and motors are the best around....... ha

Best of luck getting in touch

Neil403

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out his fb page.... It's full of similar stories. How do these guys stay in business!

tdizzle

Reaction score
the guy is a joke hes a plumber not a sled guru, took him over 3 months to pay a so called friend 4grand he owed and only paid a portion of it back .. theres only 2 things you need to know as a plumber **** flows downhill and pay day is every second friday

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
My buddy had a very good experience with him. He bought a 860 big bore kit for his polaris and it did take a long time to finish as many people talked about and he never ever answers his phone so there was some tension. My buddy then got his engine finally and installed it himself. We went to revy and rode it for the first day with good results and it ran perfectly. Then it ran out of oil because my buddy hooked up the oil injection shaft improperly so it poured oil through the engine in 40 miles and squeaked one piston. We put a bunch of my oil in his gas and put some down the cylinders and nursed it out. The next day he went to Ted's shop and got the royal treatment. They worked on the sled till it was finished at 10:00 and his workmanship was top notch. The sled ran perfectly for the next two days and we decided that you don't get service like that often. We both had heard terrible things but this story has a happy ending and I thought it be fair to post this because there is 3 sides to every story.

jmccafferty81

Reaction score
Sold me a big bore was forever waiting to get it second ride out squeaked piston. Almost 5 grand into this piece of ****..so anyways he says bring the motor back and he'll make it right..that was in January it's august and he finally got back to me says to fix motor will be $3260 apparently that's his way of making things right.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This **** is still going on eh? Go get your sled and take it to Brent Linderman in the crowsnest pass. It might cost you the same money, but it will run right and he take care of you for as long as you own it.

What he said. ^^^ Too many good business out there to take a chance on one like this. Linderman, Trygstad, Big John, Specialty...........all make sleds run hard and have stirling reputations.

Top Bottom