Do you boil over on those hot days?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there is "one" strong suit for the honda foreman...it does not overheat when pulling out quads on a hot day. What are you guys packing to deal with those mud caked rads? Man they all seem to overheat unless you can keep them clean. I have heard some guys pam spray their rads for easy cleaning. Who has the best horror story?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carry a bilge pump with about 6 feet of hose. has real good pressure to clean out the rads. its also very compact and easy to carry around without taking up to much room. good thing i have never had to use it on my own quad and i will be putting my rad on the rack this winter to ensure i never have to.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run engine ice and carry a syringe type water gun for cleaning my rad. Since I put engine ice in I havnt had a problem with over heating at all.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a foreman... It was gutless! Sportsman XP, lots of power, so far never heard of a story where they've over-heated. If I get an overheating issue, HL triple cycle rad, but no relocate for this guy. Po-Po's got a pod light, might as well use it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put on two rads... the stock one and one on the rack... i did this cause if ya screw the rack one i can buy pass it and got with just the lower one...

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to overheat within the first 2 hrs of the ride when mud was involved, swittched my rad to a Highlift Triple Core in the stock location, now the only time I overheat is when my fan stops working.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys sure know how to solve problems, With a Honda you are so far behind, it seems like i am in first place. And you get to redo your brakes every second ride.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys sure know how to solve problems, With a Honda you are so far behind, it seems like i am in first place. And you get to redo your brakes every second ride.

you just dont noitice it over heat beacouse it is air cooled i had a foreman 450 it s went through hell and back it over heated now and again with my fins in the cylinder got packed with mud

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put on two rads... the stock one and one on the rack... i did this cause if ya screw the rack one i can buy pass it and got with just the lower one...

Do you run 2 belts,,,,just askin:beer:

GWNBrute

Reaction score
I run engine ice in mine and the fan rarely comes on even on the hottest of days. I've ran it in all my machines and think its a great product

Jay K

Reaction score
Back in the day, we were running Honda TRX 300s wirh oversize tires in the skeg to work with.
Had temp lites on constantly.
Switched to synthetic oil, lite no longer on.
Don't know why, perhaps less friction = less heat, but that was the deal.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hope to have a oil cooler in by spring to help with the heat. speaking of engine ice where could i find some

GWNBrute

Reaction score
i hope to have a oil cooler in by spring to help with the heat. speaking of engine ice where could i find some

You can find it pretty much anywhere I've found it at Canadian Tire, and any dealer it just verys in price, Canadian Tire was the most expensive but in a pinch it works.

Top Bottom