Dirt bike insurance

Foxracing86

Reaction score
Hi people I'm new to canada and have moved to edmonton
and just got. Cr 250r but having trouble finding insurance with out class 6 any ideas !?!?

Burns

Reaction score
Contact Stumpy on here- he is a broker and great to deal with.

Deter

Reaction score
Hmm, I dont have my class 6 either but had no issues at all putting insurance on it? Maybe try another company?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Jean at Mann and Mann insurance in Peace River. Tell her Jay Ruel sent you. She is great to deal with. May not be the cheapest rates, but she will move heaven and earth to make sure you are taken care of. Her number is 780 624 2505.

And if you ever do have a claim, she will fight for you to make sure you're happy.

I'm having trouble understanding why an insurance company would require you to have a class 6 on an off road motorcycle. Did you clearly refer to it as a dirt bike?

Let us know how this goes! I'm curious.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
It's an off-road bike. Don't need a 6 for it. I got all my bikes, quads, sleds etc through the co-operators. Never had an issue.

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my Yz250, call TD insurance though.

Quill

Reaction score
I am an insurance broker here in Alberta.

You must have an Alberta drivers license, otherwise, there is only Facility(Nordic) insurance available - Its a high premium and deductibles.
Most insurance companies cover dirtbike liability insurance. Some of them will not cover the bike for any sort of physical damaged coverage - fire/theft/collision.
If you had called my office, I would have placed you with Intact Insurance. They have a great product, and are the biggest insurer in Canada.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am an insurance broker here in Alberta.

You must have an Alberta drivers license, otherwise, there is only Facility(Nordic) insurance available - Its a high premium and deductibles.
Most insurance companies cover dirtbike liability insurance. Some of them will not cover the bike for any sort of physical damaged coverage - fire/theft/collision.
If you had called my office, I would have placed you with Intact Insurance. They have a great product, and are the biggest insurer in Canada.

Did intact buy out Nordic? My quad was insured with Nordic and got my renewal this year and its from intact now?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quill

Reaction score
Intact did not buy out Nordic. Nordic can not be bought out. Nordic is the facility market - If nobody else will write you, Nordic HAS to. Nordic is 'run' by Intact though. Last year Intact bought out Jevco Insurance. This gave Intact the ability to write 'stand-alone(a policy without your car/tuck on it)" atvs/dirt bikes/street bikes. Because of this, Intact took over all of the 'stand-alone' policys from Nordic. This why your renewal came out from Intact. It is a good thing though. Your premium, and possibly deductibles would have gone down. Now, you can combine your home and auto and 'toys' all on one policy with them and receive extra discounts!

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That explains it thanks. My insurance company wouldn't insure the quad because it was larger than 500 cc and nobody else would quote on just quad so had no choice but them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Derek23

Reaction score
I'm with the cooperators out of Calgary and they said they wont insure dirtbikes at all. Do you remember your contact or should I just keep calling till I get someone who knows what they are talking about

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with the cooperators out of Calgary and they said they wont insure dirtbikes at all. Do you remember your contact or should I just keep calling till I get someone who knows what they are talking about

I'm with cooperators as well for my house and vehicles but they wouldn't insure dirtbikes or sport bikes. Had to go else where for that.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom