Diesel Truck mods

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a couple million years since I was on the boards last, hopefully y'all still remember me! :beer:

Anyways, I'm looking to ditch the soot cooker and the EGR in my 2012 6.7L Cummins and I wanna see where all you guys took your trucks to get it done and where has the best price and some quality work. A while back I heard the EPA halted production on DPF delete programmers so for me thats not an issue, I picked one up and I still have it in the box. I figure I might as well get some use out of it, and what a good exhaust is for it.

I've been looking into a 5" turbo-back from AFE or MBRP but let me know what your running and how you like it, I was also looking into the Sinister Diesel EGR delete kit as well. The chip I have is the H&S Minimaxx. My truck is a G-56 model and I've heard stories about having to upgrade the clutch, so any of you guys with the manual pickups, what clutch are you running! I hear South Bend is the way to go but I'm open to opinions. Thanks!!

One last thing, right now my truck is completely stock power-wise except the DPF back 4" MBRP, that wont stay on the hangers if its life depended on it so I'd like to ditch that pipe.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2010 dodge with afe turbo back 4" I found the 5" to loud .. H&S mini max H&S egr delete with down tube , cold air intake installed at 2000km now have 112000km with no issues only speeding tickets lol .... CSR performance out of stony plain did most of my work really good people to deal with

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We've done lots of h&s mini maxx and they're available again, just like before :) ......... We've done afe race downpipe and delete pipe and used stock muffler to keep the drone/noise to a minimum...... Also done lots of the egr deletes. Works awesome. My 2011 3500 megacab is done and mileage and horsepower increse is incredible :)

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the minimax with a 4 inch pipe from the turbo to the stock muffler. Has a nice sound and not too loud, nor does it have a drone some trucks do going down the highway. I did not bother with the egr delete and still have the cooler in. I do not so any reason to remove them unless the cooler starts to leak. The egr is turned off by the programmer. It is just extra time and money to do it, plus I think it makes the engine bay look like crap. The crackdown is coming for these mods. I don't know if it will be a year or ten years, but there are company pickups being force to reinstall the dpf system so I am keeping all my parts and can reinstall them easily if I have to.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys! A friend of mine also hit up LA customs for his parts. I checked out NADP and got a quote from them. It would cost them almost 4 grand for the parts. Keep in mind this is clutch included and their shop rate is 125/hr. Sounds a bit steep to me, if you guys wouldnt mind sharing what you paid for all your work to be done that would be great. :beer::beer::beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys! A friend of mine also hit up LA customs for his parts. I checked out NADP and got a quote from them. It would cost them almost 4 grand for the parts. Keep in mind this is clutch included and their shop rate is 125/hr. Sounds a bit steep to me, if you guys wouldnt mind sharing what you paid for all your work to be done that would be great. :beer::beer::beer:

My buddy got quoted $2,000 for just the dpf removal and H&S chip. Not sure if that helps or not.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chip and exhaust plus install was 1800 egr delete was 300 I installed myself in hour and a half then I did the tranny safe through the mini max for 200

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy got quoted $2,000 for just the dpf removal and H&S chip. Not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks, I already have my H&S tuner so I can scratch that off the list. I want to get the pyro though so I can keep an eye on egt's. where did your buddy get it done and what kind of exhaust is he running?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chip and exhaust plus install was 1800 egr delete was 300 I installed myself in hour and a half then I did the tranny safe through the mini max for 200

How hard was the delete to do? I seen some videos on YouTube and it looks like it's pretty tight to get into. I don't think the tranny safe will work on my truck though because its a manual.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How hard was the delete to do? I seen some videos on YouTube and it looks like it's pretty tight to get into. I don't think the tranny safe will work on my truck though because its a manual.

The deletes are pretty straight forward to do. I did mine in an afternoon and that included yanking the egr cooler, stock intake horn, grid heater, down pipe and DPF. I've got about 36000kms on my 2012 6.7 deleted and its been pretty good so far. Do your engine a favour though and open up the air ways. The stock grid heater, intake horn, butterfly valve and charge tube are crazy small and don't forget to pull out the intake baffle that Ram decided to choke your engine off with. Invest in a 2 micron fuel filter setup. Cheap insurance since you no longer have warranty and injectors are $1000 a piece. Also the stock turbo and head bolts is ticking time bomb past 35psi. Depending on what program you're gonna run mainly, set your timing to level 1 or 2 on stock (which isn't really stock) and mild (more of a stock program). Level 3 (what the minimaxx defaults to) or more is too much timing for those programs and its a good way to pop a head gasket prematurely even on the so called "safe" programs. Head studs are good idea as well, I'm gonna do mine this summer/fall.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I already have my H&S tuner so I can scratch that off the list. I want to get the pyro though so I can keep an eye on egt's. where did your buddy get it done and what kind of exhaust is he running?

He's not doing it for another couple months until his warranty runs out. He was gonna get his muffler swapped but they told him not to bother until he gets his enviro chit pulled

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The deletes are pretty straight forward to do. I did mine in an afternoon and that included yanking the egr cooler, stock intake horn, grid heater, down pipe and DPF. I've got about 36000kms on my 2012 6.7 deleted and its been pretty good so far. Do your engine a favour though and open up the air ways. The stock grid heater, intake horn, butterfly valve and charge tube are crazy small and don't forget to pull out the intake baffle that Ram decided to choke your engine off with. Invest in a 2 micron fuel filter setup. Cheap insurance since you no longer have warranty and injectors are $1000 a piece. Also the stock turbo and head bolts is ticking time bomb past 35psi. Depending on what program you're gonna run mainly, set your timing to level 1 or 2 on stock (which isn't really stock) and mild (more of a stock program). Level 3 (what the minimaxx defaults to) or more is too much timing for those programs and its a good way to pop a head gasket prematurely even on the so called "safe" programs. Head studs are good idea as well, I'm gonna do mine this summer/fall.

So are you not running a grid heater at all then? How is the cold weather starts?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you not running a grid heater at all then? How is the cold weather starts?

I am, it just takes place of the stock butterfly valve. Starts just like stock in the coldest of weather. Check out glacier diesel products. That's where I got all the stuff from. Nice quality and awesome customer service. Oh and block off your ccv vent on your air intake, if your gonna stick with a stock setup.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am, it just takes place of the stock butterfly valve. Starts just like stock in the coldest of weather. Check out glacier diesel products. That's where I got all the stuff from. Nice quality and awesome customer service. Oh and block off your ccv vent on your air intake, if your gonna stick with a stock setup.

Whats the block-off supposed to do? And does anyone have the H&S overhead mount in their ram? And if so, how did you install it? Did you take the head-liner out and route it then re-install it?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It blocks the crankcase vent from putting oil back into your intake. I have the overhead mount. You don't need to to pull the headliner out, the wire tucks in nicely behind it. The mount isn't the best fitting but it does work. It's not the best mount for the minimaxx IMO but it does keep the minimaxx out of view for the most part, less appealing for thieves.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It blocks the crankcase vent from putting oil back into your intake. I have the overhead mount. You don't need to to pull the headliner out, the wire tucks in nicely behind it. The mount isn't the best fitting but it does work. It's not the best mount for the minimaxx IMO but it does keep the minimaxx out of view for the most part, less appealing for thieves.

wholly crap thats a lot of info... thanks for taking the time... does anyone do that as a whole package or does one have to run around and figure that all out?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my minimaxx, delete pipes, EGR delete and overhead mount at JB's. The glacier diesel products pieces I ordered online right from glacier.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the overhead mount is nice however it renders the large mirror in the laramie useless as the overhead mount does not allow it to twist up enough to see out of the rear window
did the clutch upgrade in my 08 and about 2g sounds about right as everything is changed (flywheel included)
I have been having endless issues with pyro on minimax even with the universal kit
5"pro flo turbo back sounds good

Top Bottom