diesel chips

.08rider

Reaction score
I pulled my 32' trailer from San Diego to Calgary in 24 hours, left San @ 2:30 pm Fri pulled into my brother inlaws in Calgary @ 2:37 pm 24 hours 7 mins. Banks Banks Banks, the only way to fly, followed a trucker for 450 miles through Salt Lake, he got out and wanted to see what I had under the hood, he was empty and could not lose me in the mountains. And he was moving 140- 150kms let him be my wildlife bumper.But that was also a FORD!! big power with the 6.0L Banks is the only way I will go with my new truck!!! Drove over 180,000 with that chip not one problem, oh sorry one problem, I had to keep replacing the rubber, "ALL FOUR"

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, Good To See All The Different Opinions Out There, Even Though Everyone Is Happy With What They Have, And Haven't Tried Different Chips/programmers On The Same Vehicle They Presently Have... For The Most Part, Buying A Chip, Depends On Your Budget And What The Dealer Has In Stock To Sell You, And What Features You're After. If You Want The Simple, Plug And Go Programmers, Then Just Download And Go. If You Like The Guages And Fine Tuning, Then Get Edge, Banks, Whatever. I've Tried Several Different Chips/tuners In My '06 Dodge, And Liked Them All, But Realized I Like Having The Guages(to Monitor Different Aspects Of The Diesel), And I Like The Tuning/tinkering/fine Tuning That The Edge Juice Gives Me. Stacking The Chips Is Next, Along With The Turbo Back 5" Exhaust(currently Has 4" With The Catalytic Convertor Cut Out).

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
READ MY PREVIOUS THREAD AND IT MENTIONS THE HYPERTECH WHICH BOASTS IS THE "ULTIMATE" FUEL MIZER WHILE STILL GETTING 175HP.... SAYS CAN ACHIEVE UP TO 20% BETTER GAS MILEAGE... BRAND NEW TECHNOLOGY, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN CHECKED THE WAREHOUSE TO SEE IF THEY'RE EVEN IN STOCK YET. I THINK ANYONE WOULD BE HAPPY WITH EVEN 5% BETTER GAS MILEAGE.........

Do they make this programmer for the 6.4 PSD?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Do they make this programmer for the 6.4 PSD?

HEY SHREDDER: YUP, THEY HAVE THE HYPERTECH, MAX ENGERGY IN STOCK AND FULL RETAIL IS $597.99 AND I CAN SELL TO YOU FOR $389.00.... IT IS INTERNET UPDATEABLE, YOU CAN CALIBRATE THE SPEED FOR LARGER TIRES, RAISE THE TOP SPEED, PLUG AND PLAY INSTALLATION, AND SAVINGS OVER $.17/LITRE.....LOWER EGTS, AND UP TO 175HP GAIN.......... SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE??:specool:

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05 Cummins, with Dr Performance Predator Chip, plugs in under the hood in about 2 minutes, no switches, no settings, just an extra 120hp ALL THE TIME. I plugged it in there 3 years ago, and never looked at it again. Never had a problem. Did the intake and the exhaust too, EGT gauge a must if towing, she can heat up pretty fast.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY SHREDDER: YUP, THEY HAVE THE HYPERTECH, MAX ENGERGY IN STOCK AND FULL RETAIL IS $597.99 AND I CAN SELL TO YOU FOR $389.00.... IT IS INTERNET UPDATEABLE, YOU CAN CALIBRATE THE SPEED FOR LARGER TIRES, RAISE THE TOP SPEED, PLUG AND PLAY INSTALLATION, AND SAVINGS OVER $.17/LITRE.....LOWER EGTS, AND UP TO 175HP GAIN.......... SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE??:specool:

We're gonna have a chat again soon. ;)

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Am Gonna Stack My Chips Soon, And Just Ordered The "diablo Puck" To Plug In Before My Juice/attitude... Will Be Here In A Few Weeks... Can't Wait. Will Give Feedback On The Chip "stacking".

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have a 2002 Chev Duramax with the "edge with attitude".
I pulled a 27 foot (not the lightweight style) trailer to PEI and back 2 years ago. We averaged 13.5 MPG on the trip.
I agree that the Edge may not give you the highest power but it works as advertised. Love having gauges to see what is happening and being able to adjust the power on the fly.
I didn't want to trash a trany etc (cause I'm a bit heavy on the throttle) so I mostly run in ecomomy. I pretty happy with the results.

Just my 2 cents on the topic.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Am Gonna Stack My Chips Soon, And Just Ordered The "diablo Puck" To Plug In Before My Juice/attitude... Will Be Here In A Few Weeks... Can't Wait. Will Give Feedback On The Chip "stacking".

Why not send it in and get the "HOT" unlock code. another 50HP and 240 ft/lb of torque. Or just add the EZ to your Juice. Its the same as the puck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Why not send it in and get the "HOT" unlock code. another 50HP and 240 ft/lb of torque. Or just add the EZ to your Juice. Its the same as the puck.

BECAUSE THE "HOT" MODE, IS JEST A HIGHER PERFORMANCE MODE, LIKE HAVING A LEVEL "6" ON YOUR TUNER.... THE PUCK FOOLS THE EDGE AND ITS LIKE THE ENGINE IS ALREADY MAKING ALL THAT EXTRA HP, AND THEN ADDING THE EDGE ON TOP OF IT. THIS WAY TOWING, ECONOMY ETC MODES ARE ALL EXTRA HP/MILEAGE. WE'VE STACKED A FEW CHIPS NOW, AND THEY ALL REPORTED GREAT IMPROVEMENTS IN HP AND ECONOMY. CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT ON MY OWN TRUCK...... SO FAR WE'VE ONLY STACKED THE DIABLO PUCK WITH THE DIABLO TUNER, AND ALSO STACKED A BULLY DOG, SO THIS WILL BE THE FIRST STACK LIKE THIS FOR US.

GRD

Reaction score
Stacking programmers and chips.... Sounds like it could cost some bucks to repair....:eek:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stacking programmers and chips.... Sounds like it could cost some bucks to repair....:eek:

Only if you own a ford or a chevy!!:):)

Ya im not to sure about the puck. I here they are a good one fore pressure but they can also be bad. I had my EZ on 70 for a bit but my milage went from good to bad. Went back down to 50 and its better now. From what some guys on the DTR board say is the EZ keeps rail pressure in a safe zone where the puck takes it a little to far. Thats why guys use the puck or quad for pressure, cause they take it a little further(pressure wise). But i know what you meen cause i have had a few different chips on mine now.

Edge EZ
Edge Juice w/attitude (i got the hot eventually and it was good but threw codes to much)
Bully Dog Power pup
Bully Dog Torque Dog chip
Bully Dog triple dog
BD X tuner
BD Ram X power
SMARTY
Diablo 3108(i think) Downloader
Quadzilla ZXT Pressure box

And one or two more that i can think of at the moment. I just wanted to get a feel for what i liked and one that had the best fetures. I liked the edge Juice, but i felt my Bully dog made better power. The list goes on and on about these, But i finally found one that i like and im sticking to it. Right now i have the smarty on 130hp SW7 WTM and my EZ on 40hp. I can control the smoke and it clears up nicely with this turbo.

.08rider

Reaction score

Hey Summitric, buddy ole pal, is that a price for anyone?? Have you any feed back from this programmer for the ford 6.4L? I would be very interested, not much out yet for 6.4. But at that price I would be willing to give it a shot.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya im not to sure about the puck. I here they are a good one fore pressure but they can also be bad. I had my EZ on 70 for a bit but my milage went from good to bad. Went back down to 50 and its better now. From what some guys on the DTR board say is the EZ keeps rail pressure in a safe zone where the puck takes it a little to far. Thats why guys use the puck or quad for pressure, cause they take it a little further(pressure wise). But i know what you meen cause i have had a few different chips on mine now.

Edge EZ
Edge Juice w/attitude (i got the hot eventually and it was good but threw codes to much)
Bully Dog Power pup
Bully Dog triple dog
BD X tuner
BD Ram X power
SMARTY

And one or two more that i can think of at the moment. I just wanted to get a feel for what i liked and one that had the best fetures. I liked the edge Juice, but i felt my Bully dog made better power. The list goes on and on about these, But i finally found one that i like and im sticking to it. Right now i have the smarty on 130hp SW7 WTM and my EZ on 40hp. I can control the smoke and it clears up nicely with this turbo.

Ran stacked for years, no reason too anymore on the duramax. PPE and EFI live allow to run the best programming without having to stack. Unless a person is going for Big HP and going to upgrade a tranny stacking is pointless.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran stacked for years, no reason too anymore on the duramax. PPE and EFI live allow to run the best programming without having to stack. Unless a person is going for Big HP and going to upgrade a tranny stacking is pointless.

Thats what im getting at. I like mine now with just the smarty, but there is still some guys out there with the efi live for cummins that arnt to impressed. The ppe hot is an awsome downloader. Buddy has it on his 02 dirtymax and that thing goes good(dont worry he has supporting tranny mods).

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score

Edge EZ
Bully Dog Power pup
Bully Dog triple dog
BD X tuner
BD Ram X power
SMARTY

When you going to use those hook ups of yours and get me a smarty box for my 6.7!?!?!?!?!

Dennis-NADP

Reaction score
Website
www.nadp.ca
If any one of you guys are looking for a chip/programmer and would like to try one out, stop by our shop. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all programmers/modules. So long as they are in great condition and that you keep the original bill of sale.

You can try it out, if you hate it, bring it back and we will refund your money or you can exchange it for another module/programmer.

summitron

Reaction score
I run the smarty from Mads Electronics, and I'm really impressed. From stock Cummins diesel to smarty and air intake it dynoed at 430rwhp the first time. I've had it in and out lots, the dealer can never tell it was in, and it is really easy to use. I bought it off the DTR shop

Top Bottom