diesel chips

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looking for input on which chips everyone is running and why that chip? looking at getting the diablo programmer (07 chev diesel LBZ) any input ?

tasco

Reaction score
I like my Van Aaken chip for my 2004 D-max. no display's inside cab, just a toggle switch with 3 settings. off, medium, and high. with high I get a 100 hp boost. I always run a medium. Takes 2 minutes to install

no lacking in power, It throws my trip computer out to lunch a little. Tells me I am getting better milage than I actually am.

Would recomend it to anyone

van Aaken Developments -van Aaken SmartBox™ for Duramax 6.6L LLY 2004.5-2005

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont buy th edge juice with attitude for the dmax. Not all that great. Id go with a down loader of some sort. The bully dogs work good on these and so do the PPE. But dont go to crazy as you will need the supporting mods to handle the extra power.(mainly tranny,intake and exhaust.)Also gauges are a must on any diesel that you sup up.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a diablo programmer?
does anyone remember what they paid and where to get it for any of the chips out there?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a diablo programmer?
does anyone remember what they paid and where to get it for any of the chips out there?

Diablo is a good programmer. the most popular 1 i sell. prices are on my website (in my signaure) if you are interested.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont buy th edge juice with attitude for the dmax. Not all that great. Id go with a down loader of some sort. The bully dogs work good on these and so do the PPE. But dont go to crazy as you will need the supporting mods to handle the extra power.(mainly tranny,intake and exhaust.)Also gauges are a must on any diesel that you sup up.
I got the same truck and have the alison tranny. If you have this tranny it will handle up to 1000 ft/lbs of torque. I`ve been looking for a chip for mine too so I`ll have to keep an eye on this post

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We Sell Lots Of Programmers And Chips.... All Depends On What You Want It For.... Sold Lots Of The Edge Juice With Attitude, Simply Because It Has A Really Good Pillar Pod And Guages Available To Monitor What Is Happening In The Engine/transmission/turbo Etc. The Most Common And Still One Of My Favs Is The Superchip Programmer.... Just Program It In And Leave It Alone(only Trouble Is If You Want More Power You Have To Reprogram It Again - Takes A Minute Or Two). Have Sold A Few Bully Dogs And Some Diablos, But Still Like The Superchip For Its Simplicity. All Depends On What You Want The Chip For And What You Want To Do With The Power, Etc. New Technology On The Market Is The Superchip Cortex, And The Hypertech Max Energy, Which Boasts Over 17cents/litre Savings(up To 20% Increase In Gas Mileage) And Up To 175hp Gains -- Both Of These Are Plug And Plays As Well.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the same truck and have the alison tranny. If you have this tranny it will handle up to 1000 ft/lbs of torque. I`ve been looking for a chip for mine too so I`ll have to keep an eye on this post

I'm not to sure who told you the allison will handle 1000ft. lbs., but it won't, it may once or twice .It won't hold much over 700 long term. that is why most recommend not going over 100hp/200ft. lbs. of additional power on a stock tranny.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not to sure who told you the allison will handle 1000ft. lbs., but it won't, it may once or twice .It won't hold much over 700 long term. that is why most recommend not going over 100hp/200ft. lbs. of additional power on a stock tranny.
Oh well, I can`t believe everything I read on the internet...So what would be the best chip/programmer to add horsepower but also to increase mileage. I know if your foot is to the floor no chip is going to get better mileage, but i`m looking for one that once the cruise is set and overall just driving like a white man, would make me happy.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put an Edge Juice w/ attitude in a friends truck, really easy to install, nice mount on the pillar, added some guages and the programmer has some guages too. I wouldnt run it in the "race" mode all that often as it cost him a tranny. He put in some type of stronger tranny and piggybacked a programmer onto it since and hasnt had a problem since. It is really nice in "tow" mode as it gives the truck perfect power to pull a 4 place enclosed.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I can`t believe everything I read on the internet...So what would be the best chip/programmer to add horsepower but also to increase mileage. I know if your foot is to the floor no chip is going to get better mileage, but i`m looking for one that once the cruise is set and overall just driving like a white man, would make me happy.

diablosport, superchips, ppe is the best handheld on the market if you are planning to do a tranny and go big power down the road. I like the edge/attitude, but some guys with lb7 have had problems with them cutting out periodically. Not a big fan of hypertech because they don't make anywhere near the power they say, but alot of guys seem to like them.

800RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too have the '07 Duramax in the "Classic" body style. I put in the PPE programmer. Seems to work pretty good but also messes up the the fuel economy readings. I had the BD Diesel performance in my 04 Duramax and the Hypertech in my 02. What I like about the PPE one is you can hook it up to a computer to upgrade it when you buy another truck instead of buying several different programers like I already have. The crappy thing is when you want to change settings you have to stop the truck, shut off and pull fuses. The good thing with the BullyDog one is that you can adjust the power settings as you drive.

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have used B&D and bully dog myself but not on chevs , just dodge i have found the bully dog to be the easyer of the 2 for adjusting as well as up grades via the computer , i like to be able to adjust while on the go that was my big advantage of why i bought it , Just my 3 cents worth

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone notice more improvement in mileage or just maybe 1mpg. My truck already has good hp and torque( 360hp, 650 torque) I`m thinking if guys are only getting small gains is it really worth the $450-$500 upgrade. For me I would like to see at least a 3mpg increase. Or am I expecting too much from these things.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Has anyone notice more improvement in mileage or just maybe 1mpg. My truck already has good hp and torque( 360hp, 650 torque) I`m thinking if guys are only getting small gains is it really worth the $450-$500 upgrade. For me I would like to see at least a 3mpg increase. Or am I expecting too much from these things.

READ MY PREVIOUS THREAD AND IT MENTIONS THE HYPERTECH WHICH BOASTS IS THE "ULTIMATE" FUEL MIZER WHILE STILL GETTING 175HP.... SAYS CAN ACHIEVE UP TO 20% BETTER GAS MILEAGE... BRAND NEW TECHNOLOGY, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN CHECKED THE WAREHOUSE TO SEE IF THEY'RE EVEN IN STOCK YET. I THINK ANYONE WOULD BE HAPPY WITH EVEN 5% BETTER GAS MILEAGE.........

.08rider

Reaction score
I had both Edge juice with attitude and then Banks six gun, Banks six gun by far out performs the edge juice. had the banks monster exhaust and six gun installed right at banks while at Disneyland, way cheaper if your there.this is on a 05' superduty, banks has the same protection that the edge does, just better timimg and fuel curves, plus way better tranny lock and shifting than the edge

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had the edge chip on my 04 chev, had no complaints but want something that i can pull and go to the next truck. I am getting the same fuel mileage with my 04 pulling a 31' fifth wheel as i do with these one empty. i need better mileage than that. around 15 mpg empty. I was getting 23 mpg on my 04 what a big difference.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
READ MY PREVIOUS THREAD AND IT MENTIONS THE HYPERTECH WHICH BOASTS IS THE "ULTIMATE" FUEL MIZER WHILE STILL GETTING 175HP.... SAYS CAN ACHIEVE UP TO 20% BETTER GAS MILEAGE... BRAND NEW TECHNOLOGY, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN CHECKED THE WAREHOUSE TO SEE IF THEY'RE EVEN IN STOCK YET. I THINK ANYONE WOULD BE HAPPY WITH EVEN 5% BETTER GAS MILEAGE.........
I read that but I wanted to hear what people are really getting, lots of companies claim better mileage and hp but you need this and that to go with it. Not everyone does all the extras. When they say "up to" and "can achieve" its something they hide behind when it doesn`t get what you expected.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sometimes True, But When The Warehouse Advertises And Pushes This, You Know Its Gotta Be Good...... I Have The Ads On This Stuff At The Shop, And It Does Sound Pretty Good. I Have The '06 Dodge 5.9l Turbodiesel, And I Have The Juice With Attitude, And I Will Be Stacking The Chips Soon, By Plugging In A Programmer, And I Really Like The Superchips.... Had One In My Truck Before The Juice, But I Like The Guages To Monitor Egt, Turbo Boost, Engine Temp, Trans Temp, So I Unprogrammed The Superchip And Installed The Juice, And Now I Can Stack The Chips By Reinstalling The Superchip.... Will Make Serious Torque And Gas Mileage, And I Can Still Monitor The Transmission Temp And Egt...... Can't Wait.

Flange

Reaction score
Banks banks banks!!!

thats all i can say i have an 04 dmax and i tow a big 5thwheel i installed the banks six gun with the pda and wow its amazing i highly recomend this system in everyway its amazing and the options it has are unreal you can fine tune this system to do just about whatever you want it monitors everything and you can set alarms so if you tranny gets to hot or your egt or well just about anything the diagnostic feature allows you to check your entire truck and when there is a problem lol you can tell the dealer what it is this system is great for towing as long as your smart with it and dont stick it on level 6 and put er to the wood i generally run it on 2 or 3 while towing an when i hit a big hill or need extra balls for a pass i kik it up a level or two and then back it down after i get better fuel mileage with the trailer on as well

when i am not towing i have all the power i want i have had friends drive my truck and say it feels like a sports car lol and when i dont want all that power i back it down a stage or two

i have had this system in my truck for over a year now i have made countless trips across bc and alberta as far south as lethbridge and as far north as fort macmurry prince rupert fort st john and many other places i have had absolutely no problems

Top Bottom