diesel chips

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the smarty from Mads Electronics, and I'm really impressed. From stock Cummins diesel to smarty and air intake it dynoed at 430rwhp the first time. I've had it in and out lots, the dealer can never tell it was in, and it is really easy to use. I bought it off the DTR shop

Ill second the smarty. I love mine and no problems at all, just pissed off people behind me that cant see throught the intersection.

summitron

Reaction score
I second the smoke thing, it puts out a cloud that probably killed the dinosaurs.It's not as bad if you can keep the air cleaner clean. I can't believe how fast my AFE gets dirty.It's got that sock that supposed to keep the air cleaner clean, and it's black almost every two weeks. I want to buy a Dr. Performance module, I'm going to try stacking with the Smarty. I need to get a fass installed, and probably going to need some new studs in the head. I'm going shopping tomorrow at Nadp.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 2007 gmc sierra (new body style) gas jobber though and have just installed a edge evolution with attitude...just wondering, by reading the posts in this thread, do i have to be careful with the tranny?? I know don't get nearly the increases as with a diesel but would hate to drop a tranyy or something silly!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
have a 2007 gmc sierra (new body style) gas jobber though and have just installed a edge evolution with attitude...just wondering, by reading the posts in this thread, do i have to be careful with the tranny?? I know don't get nearly the increases as with a diesel but would hate to drop a tranyy or something silly!

NA, NO WORRIES, MATE...... JUST DON'T TOW HEAVY LOADS ON UPPER SETTINGS......... COMMON SENSE, LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY..... NO WORRIES

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 duramax, new body style, with the new emisions etc.......any word on what chip will work best with this drive train? and does anyone know how it will affect my warranty?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 duramax, new body style, with the new emisions etc.......any word on what chip will work best with this drive train? and does anyone know how it will affect my warranty?
Do you really think a chip is a good idea? I've seen how you ride your quad and sled. :D:D:D I can see it now "can I wheelie my truck with a deck on it????"

whopper809

Reaction score
I have in my 6.0L ford diesel, and am happy with the Diablosport Predetor tuner, towing setting is awsome 60hp is great everyday and the 100hp setting is crazy but I think a bit to much black smoke from dead stop in the 100hp setting. But if I purchased a new one I know I would buy a SCT flash tuner, it has speedo adjustments for tire size changes and adjustments for the trans, Diablo doesn't. Both are internet update downloadable and custom programmable.

SCT Flash Devices - MORE Power . . . Period!

DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems

Waldeckman

Reaction score
just looking for input on which chips everyone is running and why that chip? looking at getting the diablo programmer (07 chev diesel LBZ) any input ?
I had an Edge chip took out four Trans. Just be careful.
Waldeckman:nono::nono:

renshawrider

Reaction score
U want to play u pay....put a suncoast stage 3-4 ..on ur allison and jack it up...then hang on

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've run a edge ez on my dodge and liked it I now have a x-power from BD it's a little slower to come on but when it does it pulls hard. I just got a new one after the one one developed a problem and have to say that BD's service is the best I ever had hands down. They also upgraded me the the x-power plus and no charge period. Hands down the best service I ever got was from BD they know how to serve you.

Top Bottom