Defective seat on Grizzly

Sidehill Woosie

Reaction score
Have a 2007 Grizzly 700 Quad that I bought in June 2007. I went back in June of this year because the seat at the front was coming apart. The Girl at the warranty department told me it was off warranty which I knew, and there was nothing she could do to help me. I was hoping she would look into it and see if there was a problem with the seat, or the seat cover itself. Since then the front of the seat has come apart and will need to be replaced. I am very disappointed with the quality. Wondering if anyone has had similiar problems with the seat, or know some one I could contact.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yammi warrenty sucks..they have so many way outs..we learnt this the hard way..imo never ever get extended warrenty is it just a big rip off..:realmad:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think that they would warranty the seat for pete sake? It plastic and vinyl... can't cost too much and it keeps the customer happy at the same time. My younger brother bought a new 2002 ZL 600 SS years ago and the spring holding down the seat foam peirced the vinyl cover after two years of riding. Cat covered it... brand new seat no problem.

Bog Bike

Reaction score
Have my Grizzly now for about 1.5 years with no seat problems. Of course I did put the camo seat cover on which may be helping. As for warranty, I have had good luck, I got a rock in behind the wheel and busted the disk and caliper assembly. (not really warranty) but the local dealer got the Yamaha Rep to supply the parts, over $300.00 worth and I just paid the labor. Goes back to keeping a happy customer, and they can do quite a bit if they choose to make the effort.

Qwadder

Reaction score
At Yamaha... The word warranty, translates from Japaese to mean "Fix it and Pay for it Yourself Sucker"

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Have a 2007 Grizzly 700 Quad that I bought in June 2007. I went back in June of this year because the seat at the front was coming apart. The Girl at the warranty department told me it was off warranty which I knew, and there was nothing she could do to help me. I was hoping she would look into it and see if there was a problem with the seat, or the seat cover itself. Since then the front of the seat has come apart and will need to be replaced. I am very disappointed with the quality. Wondering if anyone has had similiar problems with the seat, or know some one I could contact.

Just curious how much was the seat to replace? Or did they help you out in the end?

Top Bottom