Dec conditions

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home from another great ride in Renshaw the snow was deep and untracked!!..First day went over the saddle and played in the back side until my Primary crapped out, was able to get it back over the notch until it grenade d. Doubled out back tot he truck and got into Spindrift before it closed they took off one of the primary's from one of the old rentals and set me up with the tools needed to change it out on the hill. Went up this morning got the clutches switched and got the sled back to Spindrifts. Put a whole new clutch in and was out of there in 45mins...Thanks Clint for all the help.

Side note..lol
Event 1, Check trailer tires for free movement had to fix brakes on the way to Mcbride in Rocky Mountain House
Event 2, Primary Sh!t's the bed
Event 3, Riding buddy blows a turbo inter cooler clamp on the way home west of Jasper!!
Event 4, South side of the columbian Ice fields a car is rolled over in the ditch and the passenger joins us for a ride to Rocky Mountain house..lol

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
up belle to do some work. I don't know why people can't pack out what they pack in. no garbage cans in cabins until today when I took them up so riders just left their garbage for me to clean-up, thanks a lot.
went for a rip thought I could make it through some small spruce trees, didn't, got off to pack down trail, up to my chest, no base in the trees still had fun.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what it will take for everyone to finally figure out packing out what you packed in!...Its not that hard of a concept. Just some people have the all about me mentality, and not the about other's mentality. Glad to hear ya got some sledding in at least!!

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Belle Friday but weren't in the cabin or really near it. There was about 20 sleds up there. Majority of that same crew were on Lucille today. Did the same thing in the trees as you did bbtoys, was buried. Lots of untouched pow in the meadows at Belle, lots at Lucille today as well. Rain/ snow mix began late morning which made very sticky snow by mid afternoon. Except in the trees, still soft and deep. Lol. Was a good weekend.

The Snowman

Reaction score
Anyone know where to go in McBride on a Sunday to get parts for wiring on truck and trailer? Truck is shorting out on plug for clearance lights but I have another plug in the box of my truck for my fifth wheel that works. Want to build a cheater cord from this plug to the trailer or buy a set of those magnetic signal/clearance lights. Not sure if anything is open on a Sunday. Thanks in advance.

Dlo

Reaction score
Rode bell today, was blowing some fresh snoww, lots of areas still untracked, deep with no base and creeks still showingg.. Bless my cell service and search n rescue otherwise ida been camping tonight! Droped in behind the cabbin was deep no base time caught up to us and it got dark! Note to myself and all study your terrain!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 769

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went up the blackwater saturday. Great snow for first weekend in December. No base whats so ever. Lots of rocks just under the snow. The Alpine was socked in snowing. Played in the trees and had a blast all day. Probed the snow just before the alpine and there was 42". Once this snow sets up and we get another good dump the rocks shouldnt be that much of a problem anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dylan wtf.... keep that aero wound rite out.

Rode bell today, was blowing some fresh snoww, lots of areas still untracked, deep with no base and creeks still showingg.. Bless my cell service and search n rescue otherwise ida been camping tonight! Droped in behind the cabbin was deep no base time caught up to us and it got dark! Note to myself and all study your terrain!!!

Dlo

Reaction score
I was workinn herr, she was deep steep and tons of tree wells , soaaar this morningv boyy, allen today i know that area atleast !!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems as though we are busy a bit early with sar. before you drop into something at this time with no base make sure you know that it will be an easy out or know another way out. you guys will have us sar members tired before Christmas.lol first one on belle was an adventure.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our group was in wienbergers yesterday and said the snow was pretty good. sleat most of the day in the alpine, trail was not to bad at all but there are a number of the creek crossings on the trail that have washed the snow out but are flagged and piloned. snow is very slight for the first 4 km. with the rain today it will be like starting over for building trails again. was going up today but rain in town has held me untill tomorrow.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rain all night again. Belle and Lucille parking lots are still ok and both trails are in very good shape. Renshaw is in trouble, trail is in good shape after about 4 km, very little snow on trail from parking to the collection shack. will most likely move parking down to log sort yard tomorrow but have to get out there this afternoon to make sure we can get in there. will let everyone know tonite. snow up top has been pretty good but if cold conditions don't happen soon trails will fall off quickly as we can't groom in the warm conditions. UP DATE TONITE.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update
Renshaw trail is as follows. 2 short bare patches from parking to shack, soft snow to 8 km, good after that. the log sort yard is a bit skinny on snow but if you want an option that one works. groomer is on the way up as I type. well over a foot of fresh backside of renshaw. cooler up top
Lucille and Belle trail is in excellent shape and unloading at parking lot. good snow up top.

Hylode

Reaction score
Rode there on wednesday the 10th. , and the snow was wind blown really bad , and there was also rain !! but later on in the day a few flakes started to fall , so hopefully there is a bit more than Wed. (lots of landmines )

Top Bottom