Cv Boots slipped down

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just going over the machine today while the rims are out getting new tires after a vandalism last week. I found the front CV boots have slipped down the axle off the built up part where the pinch band holds it. Squeezed the boots and Yes there is water in there, some grease came out and looks clean. I can slide the boot back up over the hump with the band still on. Question is ? should I pull the boots off and have a look or just add some grease and hoseclamp it back up? I doubt if the dealer would honor warranty to check it out & redo the boots.,

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just fold the boots back, letting the air dry out the water, then get new bands. Clean the band recess and the inside of the boot and clamp it back together.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I just did mine today on the can-ram. I pulled the boot back and COMPLETELY cleaned the cv joint and boot out with half a dozen rags and two cans of brake klean then I packed the joint with new grease and reinstalled the boot with a new clamp. I felt better cleaning the thing right out rather than finding out later that I had left sand or grit in there. Good Luck

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did mine today on the can-ram. I pulled the boot back and COMPLETELY cleaned the cv joint and boot out with half a dozen rags and two cans of brake klean then I packed the joint with new grease and reinstalled the boot with a new clamp. I felt better cleaning the thing right out rather than finding out later that I had left sand or grit in there. Good Luck

What did you use to get the clamp off and to reinstall the clamp?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of mine did the same thing. Im just gonna pop the clamp off and move it back up and then put some sleve retainer there and the boot back on.

Top Bottom