Cutting a hole in a diamond s hood

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone cut a hole in a diamond s hood for a turbo intake. Does the fabric loosen much? Just looking for ideas before I cut the hole.

Thanks
CatRyder

CatRyder88

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Has anyone cut a hole in a diamond s hood for a turbo intake. Does the fabric loosen much? Just looking for ideas before I cut the hole.

Thanks
CatRyder

CatRyder88

I would look around for some type of donut that would fit the pipe and be able to attach to the fabric. Just my opinion...........I am sure the turbo boys will have worked out a solution for you.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm aware of that I already ran the hood on a n/a sled.

You probably don't need to cut a hole in the hood unless there is a fitment issue with keeping the intake stack under the hood. If so, I have built a few custom mesh hoods
and generally there is enough give in the material that I have used. I typically used a lightweight poly fabric, it would stretch a lot more than what Diamond S uses, and it also stayed tighter. I don't know what substructure on the Diamond S hoods are like, I built mine from Alum tubing. You might need another support or a circular "donut" to wrap the fabric around and keep it tight. I would run the idea by an upholstery place and see what they think, they could have something, or even call Diamond S directly.

Is there anyway to avoid cutting the hood and re-route the intake up near the bars or otherwise?

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I probably could leave it under the hood but it would be right beside the pipe. So I would rather just run it above the hood so I can always have cool air

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mark the shape out then use a soldering iron. It works well and I haven't seen any issues on a couple different hoods

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking could you heat up a peace of pipe that's the size of hole you need then melt it through? Just a thought!

Top Bottom