Cutler stage 2 turbo build

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i finally received my stage 2 cutler kit for my 2012 proclimb. figured i would post up a few picts. sorry there isnt any real in depth ones but i leave today to valemount and i got the kit yesterday! lol. first off i must say that the thought and engineering that goes into these kits is amazing, that alone makes a person understand the price. i upgraded from the 2860 to the 2871 turbo. i worked on it for about 5 hours last night. got the injector plate installed, charge box, fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator, high flow fuel pump, blow off mounted on charge pipe, boost gauge mounted and, of the wiring installed and started with turbo assembly. normally these kits will have a lot of the stuff done already. like the turbo mounted, oil tank mounted, waste gate actuator mounted, oil lines ran etc but since i got this kit rushed (leaving today lol) that wasnt done so that also added to the work. all the hardware was in seperate bags and labeled where they go, very handy. i ported my wastegate so i can run at lower elevation and not have the boost creep up on me. the cold air intake looks like it will be time consuming but once its done it will be very nice. anyway i will post a couple picts and get back to work!
PS: the sled in the background in the first picture is the carbon proclimb you may of seen floating around here...
IMG_0554.jpg IMG_0555.jpg IMG_0556.jpg IMG_0557.jpg IMG_0558.jpg IMG_0559.jpg IMG_0560.jpg IMG_0561.jpg IMG_0562.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey bgraff... With all this anticipation you're building, you better post up some footage of how this thing runs! Have fun ! ;)

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure will. Got it all assembled and running, just on the road now. If I knew how to post pictures from my iPhone I would post more

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some video from the first day, only found one bow of fresh. sled was running good but i may of over boosted for the amount of race gas i had on a long pull and damaged a cylinder. still runs good so we will se what happens today.

Can you just run straight Av gas instead of mixing race fuel? I know of quite a few guys that run their turbos on Av without any issues. I think they are only running around 8lbs of boost though. Looks like she's a tail dancer, must make for a wild ride!!:cool:

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you just run straight Av gas instead of mixing race fuel? I know of quite a few guys that run their turbos on Av without any issues. I think they are only running around 8lbs of boost though. Looks like she's a tail dancer, must make for a wild ride!!:cool:
I run my dragon on straight AV gas @ 12psi with no issues :cool:

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running av is the plan but as stated I was very rushed to get this thing done and didn't have time to run for av gas. I'm going to run straight race tomorrow and open it right up to see what she can do!

DevoD

Reaction score
Sooo bgraff1? What's the verdict? Are you satisfied with the cutler stage2 kit? Do you recommend it? How many pounds boost u running? On av gas? I am looking at purchasing this kit so any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well for the few rides ive had on it i LOVE it! the fit and finish of these kits are amazing. ive only ran around 8lbs so far but i plan on going higher when i get this thing fixed (long story lol). if you buy it make sure to take your time and secure everything very well and use a lot of heat tape. i was rushed with my install and because i didnt put heat tape i melted my boost refrence line going to the fuel controller. long story short it leaned out! so once i get my tunnel straight (another story) and get my motor rebuilt i will come back with some more info. i do have 2 buddies riding the same sled (with the 2860) turbo and they are running very well. i would almost recommend the 2860 as the 2871 has some pretty good lag but i havnt ridden the 2860. **i want to say that im not blaming cutler for the burn down, my fault!**
IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg IMG_0625.jpg IMG_0626.jpg IMG_0628.jpg IMG_0618.jpg IMG_0571.jpg

nahanni09

Reaction score
Just curious. i have the same turbo kit. minus the 2871. i run the 2860. i'm having a bog issue. i have been chasing it all over with the fuel map. from bottom to top. i have run the cutler recommended starting settings. the question i have is. what fuel settings are you using? and what elevation are you riding in? any help would be appreciated..thanks

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without a turbo now!
he is correct. the turbo is off and sold. had a couple issues that ruined a couple trips but we could never figure it out so i took it off. the power was unreal and i had a blast running it. now im running a full SLP kit and got some carbon. bottom end is so much fun, tree riding is a whole new ball game but i still miss the top end of the turbo...

Top Bottom