Current Conditions March-April

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys,
Again I am sorry I missed the open house I was looking forward to it but it was a great party.
I hope to see you all again before the season ends out. I am hoping for snow for all the boys got my fingers crossed.!

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where you hauling to bbtoys....??

There was number of slab slides but most of the big cornices are still there. Be careful as always. Will be gone for a couple of weeks so will not be posting reports after today. Don't want to read or here of bad things while I am gone. LOOK UP AND BE SAFE.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are heading up Thurday morning and coming back Sunday so hopefully it should be still good. Still debating wheather to go to Revvy or Mcbride.

Can't believe you even have to think about this, Over-rated Revy with it's crowds, or Mcbride where you can ride a different area everyday of the week and not see a soul, hmmmmmmmm ,let me think this one over.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
The weather here is BEAUTIFUL !!!

Sunny and Zero degrees in town. Some snow clouds seen over Renshaw - looks like a bit of new snow up there. Will keep watch and post the next couple of days.

Hot Rod will be grooming as long as he possibly can.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rucky, you won't go wrong going to either area for a spring ride! Sorry Dave (CR500) i have to disagree with you on that revy comment. The crowds really die down in April around Revy and there are many, many areas to ride where you will see no one. But McBride is still my favorite, made it up 6 times and would have been 7 if i hadn't blown my motor. You can never go wrong riding McBride!! Going once more, Hot Rod and i are hooking up for a week to ride the Caribou openings in Revy April 16th. Keith.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rucky, you won't go wrong going to either area for a spring ride! Sorry Dave (CR500) i have to disagree with you on that revy comment. The crowds really die down in April around Revy and there are many, many areas to ride where you will see no one. But McBride is still my favorite, made it up 6 times and would have been 7 if i hadn't blown my motor. You can never go wrong riding McBride!! Going once more, Hot Rod and i are hooking up for a week to ride the Caribou openings in Revy April 16th. Keith.

It'll probably be a last minute decision....based on conditions and weather.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe our paths will cross then! We're going up with a group of 6-8 people starting on Wednesday at Frisby then Caribou for sure then where ever they want to go. I run a White 98 wedge climber with a polished Cr racing tunnel. Keith.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey j.c we should have 10-12 riders in our group. Headed for frisby wednesday as well.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep There Will Be About 50/50 Revs And Cats, Lets Shred All The Pow For The Weekenders Hay.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys,
Great Pictures SBR it looks amazing up there!
Well Hot Rod will be grooming Renshaw Thursday night as it has only had about 45 sleds on it since Moday morning when it was groomed. He is hoping to keep grooming as long as possible, as long as the weather holds.
For everyone wondering what the weather is like it is GORGEOUS!!!! A bit cold in the mornings but all the better to keep the snow around.
Rucky, not that you cant make your own decisions but I definately think that you should ride McBride but I am kinda biased!

I am still hoping for snow I guess we will have to wait and see!
I will be on the Renshaw wed and all weekend so hope to see you guys for a couple last rides before our season ends out.:D

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Boys,
Great Pictures SBR it looks amazing up there!
Well Hot Rod will be grooming Renshaw Thursday night as it has only had about 45 sleds on it since Moday morning when it was groomed. He is hoping to keep grooming as long as possible, as long as the weather holds.
For everyone wondering what the weather is like it is GORGEOUS!!!! A bit cold in the mornings but all the better to keep the snow around.
Rucky, not that you cant make your own decisions but I definately think that you should ride McBride but I am kinda biased!

I am still hoping for snow I guess we will have to wait and see!
I will be on the Renshaw wed and all weekend so hope to see you guys for a couple last rides before our season ends out.:D

Looks like we ARE heading to Mcbride...soo look for the sled in my avatar and the one in Rocky Mountain Kamakazi's....not too hard to miss lol....not sure which day we'll be in renshaw though...most likely Friday or Saturday.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've made a good choice Rucky, but hey why not ride Renshaw Friday and Saturday lots of area to choose from. Chowder i like your idea, if it's bluebird out i think a person can make a little dent in those fresh untracked Caribou areas. Don't ya think!!! Keith.

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
These are the sleds that Rucky is talking about.
IMG_1021_edited.jpg
This is my dads sled, looks like that but now it has higher bars and a different seat.
PIC_0033.JPG
This is mine and shouldn't be hard to miss unless the hood is off. And there is going to be a Rev XP Everest as well (summitx).

Powder hound

Reaction score
Just got back yesterday from Renshaw. Rod groomed the trail sunday night. The trail is pretty condition with icy spots for the first 5 km. All and all it still snow covered and smooth after a grooming.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys,

Good Choice Rucky, I will be looking for your groups sleds this weekend I will be on the Renshaw all weekend and Monday, but I expect to see a few sleds this weekend so I apoligize if I miss you. I am easy to find I have all the snow and mud gear on and I am the one selling trail passes LOL
Rod is grooming the trail tonight so will be nice and smooth for Friday morning. The snow is right to the bottom of the trail but it is a little rougher for the bottom 6 k due to the warmer weather. As far as I have been told the rest of it looks pretty nice. Most likely the trail will be groomed Friday night and Saturday night as well depending on numbers of course.
For everyone traveling with Children this weekend, please tell the collectors if you have a kid with you as we dont' always see them and kids ride free in McBride, I dont' know about the other towns but It is a good idea to mention it anywhere you go just in case.
I am not sure what shape Lucille and Bell are in I will ask Rod tommorow and Find out.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Top Bottom