Current Conditions March-April

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys,
Just thought I would drop a note for everyone. Lucille was groomed Wednesday during the morning, Renshaw is getting groomed tonight, thursday for friday morning and I am not sure about Bell right now will let you know when I find out more. As is usual during this time of year it is starting to get warmer, the first several clicks up the Renshaw are a but soft but the top is still looking quite good. We have been having some crazy weather around here, warm, then cold, then snow, then sun! I am not sure how it plans to play out for the weekend but hopefully it will look really nice for the weekend.
HAVE FUN AND RIDE SAFE!

Hylode

Reaction score
Hey Girl what's the snow like now in the Shaw , and let's not forget the trail I'm sure there are a few bare spot's coming threw due to the warm weather.
We are planning of heading up the beginning of the week , but first we may have to hit the Oasis !!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hey Hylode,
Well I was talking to a couple of guys that were up there today and apparently it looks pretty nice right now, the first couple of clicks up the trail are soft due to the warm weather, however it is supposed to drop temp here tonight and be quite cold -10 to -15 all weekend so that will help to firm it up quite a bit.
Renshaw will be groomed again Friday night for saturday and probably again saturday night and depending on numbers on Sunday he will groom it for Monday as well or on Tuesday.
HAVE FUN and RIDE SAFE!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Epic day in the Renshaw yesterday. A ton of new snow and sunshine all day. Same for today, going back to Spirit Lake today. Some spots was 3 feet deep.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi boys, glad that you had a good time up the hill today, Renshaw will be groomed again tonight, in fact Rod should be up there now. Should look nice tommorow morning, I wont' see you boys till wednesday but I hope everyone has a great day!
BBToys, sorry I missed the open house, It turns out my friends had a surprise birthday party planned for me which was pretty sweet! I hope to make it for coffee soon!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy B-Day FlyGirl..Sorry you missed the open house. Had a great time.Was looking forward to meeting you.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was lots of untouched powder to be found at Renshaw.Just had to get away from the cabin and find it.Ride smart.The avy danger is very high.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Epic day in the Renshaw yesterday. A ton of new snow and sunshine all day. Same for today, going back to Spirit Lake today. Some spots was 3 feet deep.

Sorry I didn't make it on Saturday but we had to leave McBride early, met a few S&M members in town Friday morning and fueling up at night(Ron Lyle Steve). Doubled my daughter(12) to 9100' in clear blue skies looking down at the glacier, I don't think I will get to go sledding again without taking her along.She loved it!!!!:D Brother inlaw took his gear with him...tookabout 450 pics....almost two cards of 10mp pictures. Did half day at Bell with some newbies...I forgot how good the tree climbing can be going straight up from the cutblocks. Can't wait to hear the stories from the ride and the gathering at your house. I'll be back once more this year....we may go bushwhacking yet as I have a spot I will need help breaking trail into.

Hylode

Reaction score
Sounds like all is good at the Shaw , Well I guess we will have to come in the middle of the week , thnks for the updates all

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucille is tracked up and Bell you have to go looking for untracked, not much left. Renshaw was very good all weekend, but you had to get away from the cabin. Over saddle and beyond was great.
P.S. The trail up was great for spring conditions. Friday both up and down were great, Saturday up smooth and down rough, but there was over 240 riders so to be expected. Sunday up and down very smooth. Good job Hot Rod for the great grooming this weekend. Thanks.

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks bbtoys, Poppajon and i should be up there friday. Pray for snow!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Flygirl, we sure did miss you at the open house...Happy B-Day.

Conditions are great in Renshaw...if you know where to look there is a ton of untouched...here is some proof -

Attachments

• IMG_9162_1.jpg
    IMG_9162_1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_9166_1.jpg
    IMG_9166_1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_9167_1.jpg
    IMG_9167_1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_9235_1.jpg
    IMG_9235_1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_9250_1.jpg
    IMG_9250_1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_9239_1.jpg
    IMG_9239_1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 159

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks bbtoys, Poppajon and i should be up there friday. Pray for snow!

Ditto, looks like we're heading up Friday for the week-end. Slamnek if you have a smaller crew we should hook-up, alot of my riders backed out last minute so there's only 3 of us now. For the guy's up over the last week-end how did the avy conditions look.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was number of slab slides but most of the big cornices are still there. Be careful as always. Will be gone for a couple of weeks so will not be posting reports after today. Don't want to read or here of bad things while I am gone. LOOK UP AND BE SAFE.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Bbtoys, enjoy your short return to the working world.
There was number of slab slides but most of the big cornices are still there. Be careful as always. Will be gone for a couple of weeks so will not be posting reports after today. Don't want to read or here of bad things while I am gone. LOOK UP AND BE SAFE.

Top Bottom