Cross Boarder shipping ?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im selling a Boss seat for my RX-1 and there is a guy down in NY state that wants it. Just boxed it up and went to the post office. $480 to ship from Alberta, Canada to NY, USA.
The whole thing is under 10lbs box and all. I made the box snug to the seat so it does have some size to it but come on!!
How can I get this thing shipped in a cost effective way??

Thanks guys.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im selling a Boss seat for my RX-1 and there is a guy down in NY state that wants it. Just boxed it up and went to the post office. $480 to ship from Alberta, Canada to NY, USA.
The whole thing is under 10lbs box and all. I made the box snug to the seat so it does have some size to it but come on!!
How can I get this thing shipped in a cost effective way??

Thanks guys.
The following is a rate calculator for DHL courier.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even with DLH its still $300+ to ship.
they go off the size of the box not the weight.

How the H+-* do the guys that make the seats get them shipped. Cant tell me they pay $3-400 per seat to ship them. What about the ones that go back for repair? Got to be away to ship this thing??

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
you could try greyhound if they go there. as well if you know somebody with a commercial shipping account it gets much cheaper. and what type of shipping are you selecting. insurance, signature etc... i have shipped large heavy boxes to the states many times and it was reasonable. only about $100. this was expedited parcel though. slow but cheaper.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just asked for regular ground. cheap and easy so I thought. Also asked Greyound they dont do to the states.
the box is 131cm long, 38cm wide, 46cm heigh. weight 18lbs.
if anyone knows of a way to ship let me know.

thanks

Last edited:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i see the problem. it is over 1 metre long. it then gets to oversize rates. if there is any way to get that measurement under 1 metre you should dave quite a bit.

Top Bottom