Crashed my sled

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Well sunday my dad, his friend and i went for a ride on my birthday, less then an hour into the ride my 670 went for a ghost ride into a bunch of trees and took the handle bars right off at the steering stem, destroyed the complete hood(guages, light) and a bunch of little things on it :(

The motor, suspension and tunnel are fine soo im pretty happy about that, its mainly the hood that got the most of it.

Since i need a hood now, what are you guys that have a mesh hood or made one used for size of tubing and thickness? and what material?
Any ideas that you guys think of would be great

Im going to go and take some pictures of the wreck tonight, if im lucky ill post some up tonight

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Pictures

Well thats it :(

Attachments

• IMG_4964.jpg
    IMG_4964.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4965.jpg
    IMG_4965.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4971.jpg
    IMG_4971.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4963.jpg
    IMG_4963.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 37

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks toast to me unless u can find some used parts cheap

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made mine out of 3/8" and 1/4" roundbar. I used 1/4" tubing for the first one but hard to bend and harder to weld, super light though but bends easier than roundbar if you lean on it or rub a tree. Roundbar is nice because you can bend it easier without kinking it. Flatbar also works nice and can be riveted if you don't have access to a welder.

Screen door "screen" works good. I've also used a stretchy nylon fabric. Be careful on the fabric selection and make the hood high enough that the pipe heat won't shrink the fabric.

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
im thinking of going aluminum tubing like 3/8 or 1/2 inch and put aluminum flat bar in the grove where the hood sits in.

thanks for the ideas though

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a fuel and temp gauge that is for that year i will sell real cheep

crosroads

Reaction score
must be a unlucky thing to ga for a ride on your b-day, totaled my nytro last year on my b-day, looks like your sled faired better than mine, good luck on the rebuild

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are interested I have a hood available for your summit. PM me if your are interested. I live near Edmonton and heading to Blue this weekend and at Easter.

Top Bottom