Coutts/Sweetgrass Border Crossing Blocked

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets get this back ontrack before we wind up getting booted to the covid section

Any updates on the situation at coutts? Last I heard the coppers were making a show of force last night? How did the rest of the evening go?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Person in Canada has better odds of dying from cardiovascular disease than coronavirus says Jeffrey S. Rosenthal, a University of Toronto statistics professor

“Exercise and eating well are massively more important than the more obscure ways people worry about dying.

All statistics from Statistics Canada 2018

Cancer

Nearly 80,000 people died from cancer in 2018. Main causes? Smoking.

Cardiovascular disease

More than 53,000 Canadians died from heart disease. 12 Canadian adults diagnosed with heart disease die every hour.

Accidents, including a car crash

Nearly 13,300 people died from unintentional injuries caused by collisions.

The flu

Influenza and pneumonia killed 8,511 people.

Suicide

Yearly thousands of people in Canada die by suicide. In 2018, 3,811 people died by suicide. It is preventable.

If cancer, heart disease and a car accident don’t strike fear the same way coronavirus does, you’re not alone.

“Humans can accept significant danger and loss of lives, provided these happen in a manner to which they are accustomed. When unexpected dangers emerge, they fear these more than is truly justified.”

Coronavirus seems immediate and infectious and scary, while dying from lung cancer or heart disease in the future might not seem quite as immediate.

Manuel isn’t discounting the need for vigilance in preventing the spread of coronavirus, he says mostly we need to put our trust and funding in the public health infrastructure such outbreaks demand.

And what can you do in the interim to live a longer, healthier life? Manuel’s advice isn’t earth-shattering.

“Eat better,” he says. “Don’t smoke.”

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read an article on telegram saying they hope to break 1000 people on horse back this weekend. Last weekend they had 700!!

So If you got horses get down there and mount up!

Shuswaper

Reaction score
Just heard that someone who hauls feed to great falls was told the US government has shut down their side of the border at sweetgrass.
It makes sense, you'd have to be pretty out of touch to attempt to use that border crossing right now while other crossings are clear. If the CBSA decides to do the same the blockade is going to lose a lot of steam.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenney putting his foot in his mouth again yesterday comparing reaction to HIV people and the unvaccinated....
I get it that you dislike the Premier of Alberta, even though he's trying to make changes while your Premier is silent.

But, if you think about it, his analogy was actually quite good. The reason he had to apologized is that we are not allowed to use that type of comparison in today's society.

People in the ?80's who contacted Aids were treated differently and in hindsight, unfairly, probably because of people not knowing enough about the disease. Today, the un-vaccinated are treated like 2nd class citizens and made to prove their worthiness to enter businesses or participate in events. He didn't say that today's un-vaxed population has Aids, he compared it to how that group back in the 80's? was shunned similarly to the un-vaxed today.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not against the blockade....I am a bit concerned that it is ONLY at this border.
Other provinces need to take a financial hit not just Alberta, we've had our fair share already.
See, We just had to get the ball rolling.

Manitoba is on board

Ambassador bridge,

Ottawa air port https://apple.news/Ar5q5fVkcQIG8Ce6M0g3hEA

Time for BC to step it up though. Your overlords are doubling down today. Tie up your man buns so the police don’t pull your hair. get out there!

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's not looking good here,I know for a fact that where I live it isn't going well but with the average age in my town is probably 65 or 70, mostly retired folks from everywhere but here . There all paranoid that at there age there done if they catch it. The looks you get from the elderly around here when you don't fallow the rules is like you personally are trying to kill them. They have ton's of money and don't give a chit about the younger population . Pretty sad when you think about it, they all lived a decent life so who cares about the next generation .

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's not looking good here,I know for a fact that where I live it isn't going well but with the average age in my town is probably 65 or 70, mostly retired folks from everywhere but here . There all paranoid that at there age there done if they catch it. The looks you get from the elderly around here when you don't fallow the rules is like you personally are trying to kill them. They have ton's of money and don't give a chit about the younger population . Pretty sad when you think about it, they all lived a decent life so who cares about the next generation .
Yep. I had to remind my 73 year old parents that they were born just after WW2. And they have had a pretty easy and free life compared to other generations.

Their parents were just a little too old to be sent to the trenches.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it seems things have changed over the years, my grandparents were all about helping the younger generations thrive and enjoy the freedoms that my grandfather fought for, not anymore, it's don't do anything to upset my perfect life and retirement years no matter what your life looks like, around here they bitch and complain when ever something is considered for the younger folks and get it shot down because it's not for them or they will never go or use it. I guess they are the me me generation.

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it seems things have changed over the years, my grandparents were all about helping the younger generations thrive and enjoy the freedoms that my grandfather fought for, not anymore, it's don't do anything to upset my perfect life and retirement years no matter what your life looks like, around here they bitch and complain when ever something is considered for the younger folks and get it shot down because it's not for them or they will never go or use it. I guess they are the me me generation.
The Boomers have sold us out big time!They also opened the door to all of our country’s problems we have now,and are way to scared or selfish to help.I’ve never met a boomer that believes globalists exist aswel.They sell themselves out if anyone brings up racism.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Boomers have sold us out big time!They also opened the door to all of our country’s problems we have now,and are way to scared or selfish to help.I’ve never met a boomer that believes globalists exist aswel.They sell themselves out if anyone brings up racism.
Many boomers are selfish and can’t see the BIG picture

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boomers had nothing, haven't you ever noticed Boomers didn't have closet space, hardly any clothes or shoes, or shops and hardly a toy. fact

Top Bottom