Cordless Chainsaw

daddys girl

Reaction score
It all kind of makes me sad,snow and mud is going green.Gona really miss the smell of 2cycle oil on a cold morning.I guesse that's why motor sports are diying.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to look at the electric husky.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all kind of makes me sad,snow and mud is going green.Gona really miss the smell of 2cycle oil on a cold morning.I guesse that's why motor sports are diying.
Ha. I'm probably one of the least green people you will meet, all gas or diesel toys and equipment, deleted truck... I do however enjoy power, convenience and compatibility if it stares me in the face

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Batteries have the elusion of being green, how are the batteries made and were does the power come from? All conveniently left out of the equations.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one. Can't tell you what brand or voltage it is without going to check. It's green, got it from Home hardware, payed $130. It's all I carry in my SxS now, unless we know we're gonna be clearing miles of trail.....in which case I'd probably go somewhere else anyway. I love the thing! I'll have a fallen tree cleared from the trail while other guys are still trying to get their gas saws started. I wouldn't go cut a cord of wood with it, but that's not what it's designed for. It's my go to saw now.

On a side note.....why can't a saw mfg design a chain saw that doesn't leak chain oil all over the friggin place? Every saw I ever owned has done it. The electric is no different.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy has the Dewalt, says the batteries work good when they are brand new but tail off fast as you break them in. He is selling the saw already due to crappy battery life. He's gone back to gas

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy has the Dewalt, says the batteries work good when they are brand new but tail off fast as you break them in. He is selling the saw already due to crappy battery life. He's gone back to gas

2 full summers on my cordless Stihl and the battery life is as good as ever, havnt noticed a drop off at all. Pricey but good.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far I haven't had any issues with Dewalt 20 volt batteries going South. been using most of them for 2 years in every type of weather. That being said my experience with 60 volt batteries is limited so time will tell I suppose. I have about 12 more trees to cut down so maybe I'll know by the end of that

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far I haven't had any issues with Dewalt 20 volt batteries going South. been using most of them for 2 years in every type of weather. That being said my experience with 60 volt batteries is limited so time will tell I suppose. I have about 12 more trees to cut down so maybe I'll know by the end of that

your batteries will be fine. You will have more power loss from not sharpening your chain than any battery problems.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dewalt reciprocating saw with a pruning blade cuts amazing also. No oiling required. Battery last a long time and torque to rip your arm off. We all need some battery operated toys to keep a smile on our face.

Attachments

• IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 286

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do you need a battery operated chainsaw? why not gas? you have gas for your sxs, the chain still needs oiling, and you don't need to find a current bush when your battery is dead. Just curious

I bought a Kobalt 80V lawn mower from Lowes (made by Greenworks) and I'm happy with it. More than enough power. I've got 4800 square feet of turf in my yard and I've never used more than 2/3rds of a battery. The best part is I don't need to keep gas around for it. They also have a chainsaw the batteries fit. Next time I need one, I'll buy it. If it's anything like the chainsaw I have, I use it maybe once a year and we all know what gas is like now and how fast it goes bad. No worries about that.

I could see if people are doing major chainsaw work in the bush, rechargeable wouldn't be practical, but for the everyday Joe, these are the answer.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dewalt reciprocating saw with a pruning blade cuts amazing also. No oiling required. Battery last a long time and torque to rip your arm off. We all need some battery operated toys to keep a smile on our face.

My 18v dewalt with 9" demo blade is in my truck all hunting season to break down big game.
Works awesome!

But really interested in the electric chainsaw as the Husky 61 with 20" bar is bit much some times.

Good thread

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$400

I need a sphonshureship
Seems to be the going price if you are buying battery and charger as well. On Amazon the Dewalt is $389 with battery and charger. I am thinking if cost is the primary consideration, I would just bring my underused Gen set and a plug in electric:). Lotta stuff to haul for trail cleanup though

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the small echo gas powered saw. Fits in a back pack..

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 149

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a look at the electric saw today. Very light.

Looks like it will work great.

Try it next spring on sxs

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a look at the electric saw today. Very light.

Looks like it will work great.

Damn it I think I need to try one of these out for thinning branches around camp and maybe to go on the sxs. The ones in the stihl flyer look tempting but pricey.

Top Bottom