Cordless Chainsaw

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do the dewalt ones use the same battery pack as the dewalt drills/impacts etc?

I believe the chain saw uses the newer 60 or 120 volt battery packs. Those new batteries will work in the old 20 volt tools and last 3 times as long, but the old 20 volt batteries don't work in the 60 volt tools.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the Stihl cordless for about 2 years, use it for around the yard and in the SXS. It works way better than a person would think. Dont cheap out on the batteries, they sell a few different sizes but go for the biggest battery.

I started off with a crappy tire cordless saw, was pretty impressed with what it could cut, but the quality of the crappy tire stuff showed up pretty quick, chain always coming off, things breaking, got to be a real pain in the ass.

The Stihl product is a fair bit more money, but well worth it, much longer battery life, more torque and much better quality saw. 2 years bouncing around in the SXS and allot of usage and no problems at all.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, best thing about the cordless? It always starts. If you make sure your battery is charged of course. And quiet, you can cut firewood at 2am for the campfire and dont wake anybody up.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in prime fasteners yesterday and the Dewalt rep was there. Needless to say I picked up a Dewalt chainsaw. He said they cut a treated 6x6 75 times before the battery started going south. That sold me on it. And the fact that I've heard great reviews on it. Battery is charging right now so won't have my own review on it till tomorrow

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in prime fasteners yesterday and the Dewalt rep was there. Needless to say I picked up a Dewalt chainsaw. He said they cut a treated 6x6 75 times before the battery started going south. That sold me on it. And the fact that I've heard great reviews on it. Battery is charging right now so won't have my own review on it till tomorrow

How mucho? Interchangeable battery compatable with any other tools? Cheers

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lol...that Dewalt rep sure knew the Dewalt propaganda...........here is a quote right from their advertising............."Up to 70 cuts per charge* *on a 6"" x 6"" pressure treated pine wood"

I do like Dewalt though.......how much was it?

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it for 465 plus tax. I have all the other Dewalt Cordless Tools including the Whipper snipper and I have not been disappointed yet so I don't think it'll be a problem with this chainsaw.
Comes with one 60 volt 9 amp hour battery and a charger

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if its anything like the Stihl, 75 cuts on a 6x6 is a piece of cake, the battery life is much better than one would think. If using it on a ATV I would recommend a 2nd battery back for piece of mind.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt Stihl makes a good product but for me the compatibility with my DeWalt tools (leaf blower, circular saw, Whipper snipper to name a few that use a 60v battery) is the best part about it. Definitely recommend taking a second battery on the trail

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you scroll down on that link I gave on page 2 , notes dewalt fails unexpectedly. I would buy a Husqvarna it beats the stihl for cutting power....however greenworks pro with 150 cuts on full charge looks interesting, it weighs 23 lbs though

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do you need a battery operated chainsaw? why not gas? you have gas for your sxs, the chain still needs oiling, and you don't need to find a current bush when your battery is dead. Just curious

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Further to my comment Re by BIL liking his saw, I am sure that if the 40 is OK, the 80 could only be better. You have to watch to make sure that you buy the saw WITH the battery. Bought a blower for my father in law and realized after he opened it at Christmas, no battery. Picked one up later and it was more $ than the blower.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 30 foot spruce trees so far and the battery is still good. I have to say I'm very happy with this chainsaw it will be my first choice everytime over gas

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More torque than my Husqvarna at lasts longer on One battery charge than a tank of fuel. I am very impressed

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not many people will buy a drill now a days that does not come with a battery.

Top Bottom