Corbin

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First ones out on the trail today in the corbin area, headed down the trail and had a miss hap with one sled, on the way out our group noticed that some dyck head was on the mine property side, as if the sign on the bridge in the staging area isnt BIG enough, time for certain riders to smarten up.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
First ones out on the trail today in the corbin area, headed down the trail and had a miss hap with one sled, on the way out our group noticed that some dyck head was on the mine property side, as if the sign on the bridge in the staging area isnt BIG enough, time for certain riders to smarten up.

Did you politely point out the closure to him? just saying.....

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you politely point out the closure to him? just saying.....

should of been a little more clear, seen the track from one rider on the mine side, and then we were talking with a few peps in the staging area and they were aware of the sign and one guy even pointed out "kinda hard to miss something that big"

powderhound08

Reaction score
Ya, real nice, it takes one retard to screw it up for everyone, probably from sask (haha) but seriously guys, they will shut it down.:nono::nono:

Manatee

Reaction score
Come on now,
Easy on us Sask guys. We need to have these riding areas availble cause the snow out here gets thinner and thinner each year. I know that our group obeys all closures etc. cause we love it out there, and want to keep it that way.
BTW, How was the snow?

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I new that comment was going to cause trouble. keep it positive we will weed out those who ride in the closed areas no matter where the from:nono:

Manatee

Reaction score
HAHA,
We flatlanders always get the short end of the stick. But I agree, we need to keep those people out of those areas no matter where they call home.
Have a good one.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my 2 boys were out there boxing day and the mine property was all tracked out not a bit of untouched snow
We put on about 80 miles of trail riding looking for snow but didnt find much
had a good ride anyway as the trails were in good shape and I need some breakin time anyway
All was good untill the last few miles in as some retard was doing about 70 mph and blew by me about 6 inches of my right side throwing chunks of trail ice all over not sure what the hurry was unless maybe there was a race going on we didnt know about
He was one of those guys that has to show off in the parking lot also
Anyway I gve him a piece of my mind when I cought up to him in the parking lot

Manatee

Reaction score
Good work.
I have no need for guys like that. Parking lot superstars. Learn how to ride responsibly and until then, stay home.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, real nice, it takes one retard to screw it up for everyone, probably from sask (haha) but seriously guys, they will shut it down.:nono::nono:

or alberta :eek: lol but yeah they will shut it down if azz hats keep riding on it I know quite a few guys that work out that way and yeah there are some pretty unhappy people with what is happening with people riding on there property

powderhound08

Reaction score
I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings from Sask it was a joke, but we need to inform as many people as possible about the closure. It is a cool spot to ride for now. Where would we all go once it is shut down? The good stuff is further down the trail anyway, so control your urges, have a little patience, and you will get to it. Please stay out of the mine! We have been riding that area forever and never had this problem, it is pretty simple.

Manatee

Reaction score
You didn't hurt my fellings. I knew you were just goofing around. No big deal... I'm on your side with this one. Stay out of the closed areas people... Keep the riding good for us guys.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly no hurt feeling hopefully mine didnt hurt anyone either lol but yeah the good stuff is done the trail if u must know a little secret spot yes I'm giving up a secret! when you go past the weigh scales heading west rite after a little bridge turn rite into a stagging area the area is called alexander creek it is real good riding but please be careful high avalanche area forsure in the back areas but lots of terrain to ride including racehorse and deadmans pass in alberta you can also get to the base of the mine in sparwood please stay clear of it the riding is better in the bowls and look outs there is also a cabin there for sparwood snowmobile club so please be respectful of them and there property but please visit this area you willenjoy it and is before corbin :beer:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes there most certainly will be some hurt feelings if this area gets shut down so lets keep it open people the riding is not that good anyways for a good 10 or more km's down the trail thenm it starts getting good and if you are dying to ride and cant waiti to get a few km's down the trail to play off the trail then stage at tin shacks and go from there but please stay away from the mine property

Little

Reaction score
Riding south from Corbin we took a trail thru the bush, left, about 4 miles down the flathead from the staging area. It had prob. been riden this year, but no tracks. Came to a sign FORDING COAL Danger etc. Didn't go any further, since we had some inexperienced youngsters with us. Where were we??? Is there real danger there (open slag pits etc) or should we have kept going. Looked to be only a short distance to open area.

Little

Reaction score
Idiot here, edited previous to left. Turned left at about 4 miles s of Corbin. Dumbass. Anyway we must have been near Raingauge, or maybe not. Mark

Little

Reaction score
May have been. Hope not. Was a long ride up to the sign. If so won't be going there again.

Top Bottom