corbin conditions

catman

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any new snow and how much total there is in corbin. We are thinking of coming up on saturday and would like a report. Is it snowing up there since tuesday? Would appreciate any info. Thanks

M

mattmedic

I was wondering if there is any new snow and how much total there is in corbin. We are thinking of coming up on saturday and would like a report. Is it snowing up there since tuesday? Would appreciate any info. Thanks
not to sure, me and a buddy were heading up on sat as well....

madtacc

Reaction score
I have heard mixed reviews, I was thinking of heading there on tuesday to check it out for myself. Let us know what it's like if you go. Nice to see fellow Hatters on here :beer::beer:

catman

Reaction score
we wnet to corbin on sunday and went in to barnes/elliot. and up the chute to limestone(thats what we call it anyway!!) and it was O.K. about 4 feet of snow. the trail in was good all the way from the parking lot. We headed to rainguage and it was brutal...wind blown and very little snow.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
we wnet to corbin on sunday and went in to barnes/elliot. and up the chute to limestone(thats what we call it anyway!!) and it was O.K. about 4 feet of snow. the trail in was good all the way from the parking lot. We headed to rainguage and it was brutal...wind blown and very little snow.

into Barnes today, the 25th, and it was OK. Good for early season riding. The snow on the north side of Barnes Lake in the trees was 6" deep. Lots of overflow and we found 3' of wind blown on the south side of the lake. Not even close to climbing the chute in the back. Too many nuggets!!

Played around the creek and the meadows and the snow isn't bad....at least we had a good ride today. Most of what we found was an honest 24 inches in the meadow/creek bottom. Didn't go into Elliot as we had to get home and rescue the big bird....Merry Xmas everyone

Sled Nut

Reaction score
We went to Corbin today, we staged at the townsite. Not much snow stay to the trails. There will be lots more up high. We road to a place called "Back Creek Outfiters". There had to be at least 4 feet or more back there. We still need a better base. If you like trail riding have fun. It snowed all day 6" so far.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We went to Corbin today, we staged at the townsite. Not much snow stay to the trails. There will be lots more up high. We road to a place called "Back Creek Outfiters". There had to be at least 4 feet or more back there. We still need a better base. If you like trail riding have fun. It snowed all day 6" so far.

must have been the aluminum two place trailer with the black pick-up. As I said above, an honest 2' in the trees....the wind blown may have been 4' in some places but they were few and far between....this is the 6" on the north end of Barnes Lake (look at the boots)....

Attachments

• Barnes Lake1.jpg
    Barnes Lake1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 56

madtacc

Reaction score
i am headin up on tuesday i will post some pics when i get back. I am also thinking of heading up again on saturday if its worth it. :beer::beer:

madtacc

Reaction score
Frenches are at there cabins at corbin. Snow is coming and the sledders are too. Trail will need to be groomed, please stop in and make a donation. We need all the help we can get.

Where would the best riding be? I have never been out your way yet, only acouple times to Atlas. Will definately stop in and support :d

cat1

Reaction score
Hello French's: This is the Bigelow's from Brooks, AB. writing to you from Elkford BC. Hope sledding was better for you then us. Not enough snow yet.
We were worried that you were in the avy in the Flathead area. We hear 8 still lost and search has stopped until the morning. We heard it was near Fernie and not Corbin. Hope you are all well and safe.
We send well wishes to all that are lost and their families.

Bigelow's and Vandale's

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode flathead into barns last couple days was pretty good but starting to get mogulled out a bit ,a few smaller slides ,land mines were far and few between going again soon:d

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
rode flathead into barns last couple days was pretty good but starting to get mogulled out a bit ,a few smaller slides ,land mines were far and few between going again soon:d

We took care of the mogals. Good to have you here!
Happy new year!
This is a pic of Barnes a couple days ago with friends from Sask.
Curtis

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
We took care of the mogals. Good to have you here!
Happy new year!
This is a pic of Barnes a couple days ago with friends from Sask.
Curtis

Ok! pics work this time??? Have a good one!!

Attachments

• dec 30th  08_2008 12 29_0506.jpg
    dec 30th 08_2008 12 29_0506.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 38
  • 2008 12 29_0504.jpg
    2008 12 29_0504.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 2008 12 29_0505.jpg
    2008 12 29_0505.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Lavoy_2008 12 29_0493.jpg
    Lavoy_2008 12 29_0493.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 40

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Corbin conditions are exellent!!!!! We groomed today. There will be someone to collect trail passes. R Newland won the 4l XPS oil today in the trail pass draw. Thank you to A&E Racing in brooks for the donation.
We are going to try to give away a prize on the weekends we collect Passes. What do you think???
hanks to all that have helped out.
Curtis

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridin the Corbin pipeline before but dont recall the grooming\trail fees. Can you expand on where exactly the groomed trail is and how we pay. If we just put cash in the box how do we get a ticket to prove we payed -etc.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Top Bottom