Cool Vid

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I road with a guy last year he had a 2004 rev and his throttle was set up like that. He was telling me how much better it was so i took his sled for a rip, and did not like it! I felt like i was going to lose grip all the time and got arm pump instantly! If you try it make sure you take wrenches to change it back

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some big drops from Treadway in that ! Noticed he is riding a Poo this year too. I've tried that trigger throttle... and its not for me.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that rides with the throttle in from of the bars. He swears by it. I rode his sled a couple times and it takes some getting used to for sure. I'm on no rush to flip mind around after trying his. I guess it's not for everyone

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In this vid I noticed Dan Treadway has his throttle setup to pull with his fingers rather than push with his thumb like most people do. I;ve never thought of trying that. Think it could be way better. Going to try it. Monster Energy Family Grows with Brett Turcotte & Dan Treadway - YouTube

Yeah, same as the others, I tried it and found its not for everyone. There is a potential for more snow to get in with the cable being more exposed facing forward. I found that on really steep climbs etc when you are pulling back and want to have both hands tightly wrapped on the bars, taking that index finger off reduces the amount of grip you have significantly. Also, when in the thick timber there is a risk that a branch could push on it causing speed to increase at the wrong time. My seadoo is setup trigger style (standard on a lot of models) and I find its no problem to ride it like that though, but I don't ride it up steep hills or through the lumber.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Do you just flip the throttle block around? or do you use a watercraft throttle block?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, same as the others, I tried it and found its not for everyone. There is a potential for more snow to get in with the cable being more exposed facing forward. I found that on really steep climbs etc when you are pulling back and want to have both hands tightly wrapped on the bars, taking that index finger off reduces the amount of grip you have significantly. Also, when in the thick timber there is a risk that a branch could push on it causing speed to increase at the wrong time. My seadoo is setup trigger style (standard on a lot of models) and I find its no problem to ride it like that though, but I don't ride it up steep hills or through the lumber.
Yea I think its one of those things you'll ither love or hate. I,ve never tried it and if I hate it, its a quick fix.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ball's the size of god damn kiwi's... sweet vid. I tried the flipped throttle on my rev and wasn't to bad but found that when I was really cracking a tight donut in the really deep that it was hard to back off throttle. Not for me, neither are those drops lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ball's the size of god damn kiwi's... sweet vid. I tried the flipped throttle on my rev and wasn't to bad but found that when I was really cracking a tight donut in the really deep that it was hard to back off throttle. Not for me, neither are those drops lol
Im thinking It might work good for those kind of drops. Less likely to hammer on the throttle on ruff landings

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did like it for drops but you also don't ever want to miss that throttle right when you need it the most. when it is where it belongs its easy to hammer for those " OH $hit" moments....... which happen lol

Top Bottom