Cool Guns

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PAL came in the mail today, and already got the Marlin 1895 SBL .45-70 ordered. 😆

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Douche Canoe.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PAL came in the mail today, and already got the Marlin 1895 SBL .45-70 ordered. 

I would inspect every mm. of that gun before you hand over the cash.My uncle bought one
and right out of the box it wouldn't even cycle a round into the chamber. Was gone for 3 month's
for warranty before he got it back. POS.......... ZERO quality control.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I would inspect every mm. of that gun before you hand over the cash.My uncle bought one
and right out of the box it wouldn't even cycle a round into the chamber. Was gone for 3 month's
I ordered online, so pretty hard to do that. However, I've read a LOT about the QC issues since the Remington take over, so I asked that they have one of their "experts" look it over before shipping. I specified all the areas I wanted checked. Hopefully they did so. Gun will be here tomorrow.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The quality control thing is OLD and resolved. The new Remington/Marlin firearms are of high quality.
Plus it had nothing to do with poor craftsmanship and all to do with pissed off employee's. Ya there were issue's after Remington took over, in their early stages but not today.

They must of fired the little chit or a bunch of little chits.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The quality control thing is OLD and resolved. The new Remington/Marlin firearms are of high quality.
Plus it had nothing to do with poor craftsmanship and all to do with pissed off employee's. Ya there were issue's after Remington took over, in their early stages but not today.

They must of fired the little chit or a bunch of little chits.

Really? how old? My uncle bought his last spring.............. That's not AN OLD PROBLEM that has been resolved.
Site's were mounted off centre too, warranty re machined the hammer,(so it will at least load a round now)
but didn't fix anything else that was wrong.
Very piss poor quality.Maybe other's have had better luck, but all I can say is the one my uncle bought is a POS.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the wood and SS on the SBL but my eyes keep going to the rail, it's hideous on a lever gun IMO.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? how old? My uncle bought his last spring.............. That's not AN OLD PROBLEM that has been resolved.
Site's were mounted off centre too, warranty re machined the hammer,(so it will at least load a round now)
but didn't fix anything else that was wrong.
Very piss poor quality.Maybe other's have had better luck, but all I can say is the one my uncle bought is a POS.

He might of picked up old stock that got by unnoticed. Most all the issues were very apparent, like sight way off and loose components, action hanging up. They were deliberately done by disgruntled employees.
It sucks for your uncle though.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where'd ya order from Dale?

Wholesale sports in Edmonton just got some in stock so I went and picked one up.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh. And BTW.... when you go to buy ammo, bring LOTS of money.

No chit, gonna have to shop around for ammo.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P&D has plastic tips for $48. Cheapest I found. Bought 2 boxes of hollow points for $73 each. 😨

Yeah I bought two boxes of hollow point, can't wait to take it out now.

Top Bottom