Cool Guns

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P&D has plastic tips for $48. Cheapest I found. Bought 2 boxes of hollow points for $73 each. 

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Those are cheap! $120 box of Barnes X for my 270 Weatherby.
Bought a set of dies to reload but I don't shoot it that much.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You and me both!! Goin with any optics?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Not sure yet. Might look at a guide scope.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never owned a Browning but took a chance and picked up a White Gold Medallion in 270 Winchester today for my daughter.
Topped it with a Leupold VXR 3-9X50 since it won't be a long range gun in need of a high power scope but it does have the illuminated duplex. Have other long range guns and wanted to keep this one a low recoil (she usually shoots my 270 Weatherby) simple shooter for her out to 300yds. Compared to others it is a mid priced gun so hopefully a decent shooter with factory loads.
Picked 3 boxes remington 130 corelockt to break in the barrel. $34 a box is way easier to swallow than $100 a box for the Bee - $120 if topped with Barnes TSX.
Looking at Vortex with the Barnes as a hunting round for later for the Browning.

Just wondering who has had one and what shot best in 130gr.

Soooo no comments on Browning White Gold X-bolt performance.

Interweb reviews have some reports of bolts/bras sticking after firing- but these reviews are from a few years back.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo no comments on Browning White Gold X-bolt performance.

Interweb reviews have some reports of bolts/bras sticking after firing- but these reviews are from a few years back.
I don't have a white gold but I do have an X-Bolt Eclipse in 25-06. I've only put a box of shells threw it so far but its been the one of the best firearms I've ever shot. I'm gonna do a little trigger work on it just to make it perfect.

I'm definitely thinking this won't be my last X-Bolt..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

ajb1205

Reaction score
0ff0aebb10a020075eb0da104b5da5bd.jpg

Brand new Ruger American in 22-250 rem with a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50, new to me Savage 116 Weather Warrior in 338 win mag (still trying to pick a scope for it), Ruger 10/22 with AR stock and Simmons scope and a Benelli Nova pump.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody lookin for a near new 22 mag? Selling my savage with new 3x9 Simmons 22 mag scope nothing overly fancy but good and clear, bipod, and a bunch of ammo , bought it for another gopher rifle then plans have changed, has maybe 30 rounds through it $360 firm

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Hello, you still have this available? Might be interested. You ever down in Lethbridge?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160425/0ff0aebb10a020075eb0da104b5da5bd.jpg

Brand new Ruger American in 22-250 rem with a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50, new to me Savage 116 Weather Warrior in 338 win mag (still trying to pick a scope for it), Ruger 10/22 with AR stock and Simmons scope and a Benelli Nova pump.

You'll love that scope, I just put the FFP HS-LR 4-16X50 on my 25-06, wicked scope for the price. Sure easy to look at deer @ 600 yards.

ajb1205

Reaction score
Had it out at Easter and was smacking gophers out 200+yards. Just not sure what I want to throw on the 338 yet. Leaning towards a Vortex diamondback Hp in 3-12x42...or I might have a line on nib zeiss terra 4-12x40 for about the same price.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to take my daughter out to the farm to try out the Browning X-Bolt White Gold 270 I got for her so I could reclaim my 270 Weatherby.
Put VX-R 3-9X50 Leupold so it has some decent glass on top.
No way I could shoot the gun until she did and never having owned a Browning was not sure how it was going to turn out. Tougher month for me waiting than for her.

First few groups were not to impressive but she has only put about 75 rounds through high powered rifles. More of a skeet shooter.
Once she wanted a break I took a few shots.
Picture of the target is when we were sighting in - yes there are three shots in there at 100yds - .5ish group!
Next I put three in a steel plate at 100yds - .75ish group?
Light sporter barrel and heats up pretty quick - gave it lots of cooling time between groups.

Then my daughter put 4 in the other steel plate.
She did way better with the .17 WSM and a bipod so will transfer bipod to the 270 and seehow she does on the next outing and put the sack of barley away.
I also shoot a bit better with a bipod so might tighten up a bit - cheapo Core-lokt shells. Not a lot of room to tighten up the groups though!

Easier to shoot a nice group with the Browning than my Weatherby RC 270 or my 300 Ultra Sendaro. The browning has a 22" barrell and the other have 26" and all are glass bedded.
Will likely be more Brownings in the gun locker in the future, its a shooter.
I offered her the Weatherby back and she turned it down - X-bolt feeds smooth and a wicked crisp trigger with very short travel. A nicer trigger than the stock Weatherby or the Timney on the 300.
Awsome gun for the money!

Attachments

• G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 174
  • T 1.jpg
    T 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 175
  • S P 1.jpg
    S P 1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 177
  • S P 2.jpg
    S P 2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a fantastic day of shooting snochuk. Had my 25-06 out the other day for some tannerite vs beaver house adventures. Was able to pic off a muskrat at 225 yds with it. So I was pretty content with that shot leaning over the hood.

And if I'm not mistaken, All X-Bolts come glass bedded to each stock.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a fantastic day of shooting snochuk. Had my 25-06 out the other day for some tannerite vs beaver house adventures. Was able to pic off a muskrat at 225 yds with it. So I was pretty content with that shot leaning over the hood.

And if I'm not mistaken, All X-Bolts come glass bedded to each stock.

Took a cat shovel and dug a small tunnel into a brush pile with loamy dirt. Slid in the pringles chip tube full of tanerite (with the top half very heavily duct taped) and packed it in place with the top 3" down into the tunnel. Dirt everywhere and only 1.5# used.
Tanerite......it's amazing stuff!

Oh ya the target shooting was fun to. lol

All X-Bolts are indeed bedded from factory.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a cat shovel and dug a small tunnel into a brush pile with loamy dirt. Slid in the pringles chip tube full of tanerite (with the top half very heavily duct taped) and packed it in place with the top 3" down into the tunnel. Dirt everywhere and only 1.5# used.
Tanerite......it's amazing stuff!

Oh ya the target shooting was fun to. lol

All X-Bolts are indeed bedded from factory.
Haha a pringles can, never though of that. Might just have to give that a try on the next outing. I've been using Ice tea jugs for our beaver dams. I find they work quite a bit better than coffee cans and that 3 lbs is plenty.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha a pringles can, never though of that. Might just have to give that a try on the next outing. I've been using Ice tea jugs for our beaver dams. I find they work quite a bit better than coffee cans and that 3 lbs is plenty.

Try a 2L milk jug, just dry it out. Or two pringles tapped together.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did a 3" x 5' abs pipe with 18lbs in and glued caps on....snicker snicker...it was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Haha that sounds like a good day. We thought about trying that but figured the pipe wall might shield some shock from the bullet and perhaps you wouldn't get a full reaction. Everything in the pipe went off ??

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[quote name="Lightningmike" post=2277104]We did a 3" x 5' abs pipe with 18lbs in and glued caps on....snicker snicker...it was awesome.<br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]<br />
Haha that sounds like a good day. We thought about trying that but figured the pipe wall might shield some shock from the bullet and perhaps you wouldn't get a full reaction. Everything in the pipe went off ??<br />
<br />

From the size of the hole it made I beleive it all went off. Tried a 2" first and it just flashed a bit but the 3" worked great. Used 22-250.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom