Conservatives new crime bill

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I know the consensus around here is that we should be hacking off limbs for theft and such, well, how do you feel about this crime bill?

It sure is nice of the Feds to pass on these costs to each province don't you think?
Miniumum sentances have failed down south, why are we doing it here?

I would say, give the judges the power to decide, putting a minumum out just takes away the ability for someone to use a brain during sentancing.

Let's be honest here, can we afford something like this?

I am proud to be Canadian, and ashamed that we are following the footsteps of a failed policy.

:smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the judges NOW have the power to decide. and they usually decide WRONG--that's why we always hear of perps getting light sentences, or none even!!!!!!!!

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole system is bull-chit. A guy goes out and ass rapes a 4 yr old and gets satalite tv, and steak night on Thursday for 20yrs.......14 if he behaves. Where do you start fixing? Unfortunately it has deteriorated to the point of near no-return. Human rights should not enter into the equation in terms of punishment. If you are breaking the law.....you forfiet your rights

my 0.02

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole system is bull-chit. A guy goes out and ass rapes a 4 yr old and gets satalite tv, and steak night on Thursday for 20yrs.......14 if he behaves. Where do you start fixing? Unfortunately it has deteriorated to the point of near no-return. Human rights should not enter into the equation in terms of punishment. If you are breaking the law.....you forfiet your rights

my 0.02

took the words right out of my mouth! They have it too good in prison! We need that sheriff in Arizona-Joe Apairo. Hard core old guy but he has no sympathy for prisoners. Makes them work in the Arizona heat etc.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took the words right out of my mouth! They have it too good in prison! We need that sheriff in Arizona-Joe Apairo. Hard core old guy but he has no sympathy for prisoners. Makes them work in the Arizona heat etc.

YES warden Joe has it right! I also just heard that to cut costs in Texas the inmates don't get lunches on weekends.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a general rule, we folk have a pretty cool life in 2011 because people along the way have realized there is a problem with something, then someone figures out a way to resolve it, then lots of people adopt that and we're all better for it. With the crime/justice system, I never see that strategy employed. Why doesn't anyone care about solutions that have proven to be effective? The limits of the discussion range from 'should the guy that does a) get 3 years at camp (jail), or b) get 6 years at camp.' I just don't see how any option in the current discussion will actually improve anything. Ultimately it's just more of the same.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am very proud of my government for finally stepping up to the plate and trying to fix the absolutely joke of a judicial system that we have. Far as I'm concerned they aren't going far enough. House arrest, day passes for murderers, no cuffs or shackles during transport on the murdering bass-tard while getting transported to see his family on his day pass, criminals living in cabins with bbq in the deck.....pffft. I'll never ever understand the bleeding heart mentality that a lot of people in this country have for criminals. You want to do the crime you do the time and suffer for it. By the way who gives a rats friggen arse what they did or do down South. Why are some people so worried about how the USA conduct them selves? I for one bloody like the way they treat their bad boys and girls. Lock em up and make em suffer and in some cases put them to sleep.

Top Bottom