Congratulations to McBride Mountain Sports (formerly Ride 'n Hide)

Wanderlust

Reaction score
Just wanted to put out a big congratulations to Denise and her hardworking staff at McBride Mountain Sports. It's going to be great to have a place in town to go to to get outdoor gear and rentals year-round :) Good luck with the grand opening this weekend and we wish you all much success in your endeavours!

Last edited by a moderator:

snowhunny

Reaction score
One the major complaints from last year was that the lineups and waits were too long. With two places to go, the service will be so much better. There will be more parts and accessories available, quicker repairs and if one place doesn't have something you need, chances are the other shop does. This is a great thing for our little town!

Wanderlust

Reaction score
One the major complaints from last year was that the lineups and waits were too long. With two places to go, the service will be so much better. There will be more parts and accessories available, quicker repairs and if one place doesn't have something you need, chances are the other shop does. This is a great thing for our little town!

Totally agree-it's good business for EVERYONE.

snowhunny

Reaction score
They are located on Main Street, right after the "Welcome to McBride" sign when you first go into town. They have signs and sleds outside. It's the newest building in McBride so it's hard to miss!

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
It is possible that with 2 similar businesses in town that now neither will prosper and both will suffer and eventually one will remain.

However, they will be short term benefits to the consumer. More selection, the ability to do business where the service is best etc. Us sledders/atv'ers will vote with our money and that will determine which shop remains viable for the long run. I personally had an issue with Denise some years ago. I therefore will spend my $ at glengines and will continue to do so for as long as I am satisified.

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is nice to have a bussiness in town that will rent not only sleds and such, also the day to day things we need in this town to make our lives easier eg. equipment rentals. It is a very nice shop and will do well, as will Glen with his. Lets not rain on anyones parade and support each other! Times are tough enough as it is.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is possible that with 2 similar businesses in town that now neither will prosper and both will suffer and eventually one will remain.

However, they will be short term benefits to the consumer. More selection, the ability to do business where the service is best etc. Us sledders/atv'ers will vote with our money and that will determine which shop remains viable for the long run. I personally had an issue with Denise some years ago. I therefore will spend my $ at glengines and will continue to do so for as long as I am satisified.

My thoughts exactly. Can't see 2 surviving long term. But i've been wrong before.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to have two shops going, We have been going to Mcbride for some years now, but I have noticed on some posts or boards in the last few months, it is of my opinion only that there seemed to be some sarcasim toward Denise`s shop and all for Glen. I say good on her for getting back in business. Like a post earlier service is where people will go. I hope I didnt sour any ones grapes here!!!:)

Wanderlust

Reaction score
McBride and the Robson Valley has not been immune from the economic downturn that BC has been facing. For those who aren't aware of the situation here, the're really isn't any more industry and therefore no more jobs and families are having to make tough choices. Those of us in the oilpatch understand the sacrifices that have to be made sometimes to have a quality of life.
Anyone operating a business at this time, is taking on a huge amount of risk, but not only that, they are also investing in a community whose future is at stake. People need jobs, and these small businesses in McBride (and other towns) are what are currently creating them. Let's try to be more supportive of all small business owners everywhere.
Remember, if you're happy with our service tell others, if you're not happy tell us.

jonnyxp08

Reaction score
i will go to glen, he always gets me and my crew back on the hill the next day. he saved three trips this year. and sofar everyone like his work. always goes extra mile. thank glen

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know there is always the odd ball with the negatives in life. Sad, but true. She will do fine, and you're right we all wish her luck. She has opened a rental fleet for all sorts of needs. Congrats, and best of luck!

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah it would be nice if the oil and gas industry moved into that area id be livin in mcbride in no time!!!

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havent had the pleasure of dealing with glen as of yet but i do intend to try and stop in for a look my next trip out there !!! but a couple of friends and myself have had the pleasure of dealing with denise as per her sled rentals and would recomend her and her crew to anyone as our experience with her was excelent!!!!!

Fireweed

Reaction score
Congrats to the staff. Been good to me everytime I've been in to visit! Although.... I still can't get the assistant manager to give me a massage!

Top Bottom