Concerning the Golden area

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol! i figured that idea would not go too far! My first idea was a dog in the cab but someone would get pissed and accuse me of animal neglect.

Break ins and truck theft happen every day in the city, is one or two through the winter really that big of an issue(I am sure if it was my truck I would say for sure!)? if only one truck gets ripped off was it because the owner left something out for the thieves to see? Or are all the trucks getting ripped off? Is it a weekend issue or 7 days a week?

One issue in my mind would be the safety of the person being there. I would not want a volunteer to have to deal with a truck load of theives. To overcome this then it becomes a cash flow issue to pay a security guard to sit there for 8 hrs a day would cost the club $150 or more a day.

People are already whining about trail fees going up this year, to add another $5 per sled would really set people off.

Maybe battery power security cameras and big yellow signs stating you are being watched would work?

Clubs are faced with so many challenges and so little manpower to deal with them.

don't care about the extra $5 for trail passes, you'll find a lot of people don't, I spend a lot more in fuel than that just to ride for the day, not including all the other incidentals.

I recognize the safety thing, maybe two people is an answer? I agree its not feasible though, but it just sucks is all.... a guy shouldn't have to worry about his locked vehicle in the parking lot while he's out enjoying the day.

I have a deck on my truck specifically to combat theft of my covers, fuel, etc. basically the main reason I bought it, which is sad that was the #1 reason and the #2 reason I bought it was because it was a sled deck.

Last edited:

hihi962

Reaction score
Yea, I agree I don't think the intent would be to have full fledged security up there with a guy in body armour waving a night stick, but the people doing these types of thefts are non-confrontational and don't plan on beating up a girl collecting money for trail passes. all the person needs to be is mindful, not a security buff, even if its as simple as, " hey we require a licence plate number from all vehicles goin up to the riding area" .. or it might look a little strange if a few guys are going up in an empty truck at 2:00pm, so the trail pass person could keep note of that. If the trail pass girl was going to be assulted for just sitting there, it would happen regardless because she would already have a few bucks on her from collecting fees till 1 or 2 anyway..

I do remember a case on SnoWest a year or two ago where two guys at Silent were almost left stranded, because they were the last ones off the hill, arriving to a missing rig... the second last guys thought there was no one else left as there were no other trucks in the parking lot.. luckly they took their time loading.. How many of us ride to the bottom on vapours at dusk? those guys may not have gotten far or lasted long..

Was just an idea, but I'd be willing to kick in some extra money for each pass.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
arguing takes you from a written warning to a fine. You can dispute it sure, if you wish to make the trip back to BC to fight it in court.

Better to just follow the law.

ya and the law is that you must have a reflector or flag at the longest part of the load. unless you are hanging off to far??

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saying what i feel you dont have to be a dick about it.

hey you posted this brain wave, just responding to your kiddie posting, as the kid n the commercial says grow up Brandon.

twoplanker

Reaction score
You want cops to leave you alone here is what you need to do:
Walk the line, pay taxes, register your sled, insure your sled, get a trailer for your sled, don't speed, don't smoke, don't drink, don't talk on the phone, get the proper winter tires, make sure you have chains for your tires, make sure you have a radio for the back roads, hire a guide so u know exactly where you are going, call the rcmp before every departure givin them your plans for the day, call the rcmp at the end of your day to tell them u are ok, Ho and don't forget STAY GAY.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure but i think hassles with the rc's gives these guys something to talk about. if you can't do the time don't do the crime. i think xsled nick is just a whiner likes to make it easy for the police to give him tickets so he has something to complain about. maybe look like a hero to his boys.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want cops to leave you alone here is what you need to do:
Walk the line, pay taxes, register your sled, insure your sled, get a trailer for your sled, don't speed, don't smoke, don't drink, don't talk on the phone, get the proper winter tires, make sure you have chains for your tires, make sure you have a radio for the back roads, hire a guide so u know exactly where you are going, call the rcmp before every departure givin them your plans for the day, call the rcmp at the end of your day to tell them u are ok, Ho and don't forget STAY GAY.

wicked first post dude, you are so right, I'm gonna head down to the local cop shop and piss all over the hoods of some cop cars while smoking a cigarette, it's not like I'd rather spend my time riding my sled instead of talking to the RC's while they check my lights, plates, etc...I'll look like such a bad ass sitting on the side of the highway though.....:rolleyes:

Have fun driving the combine.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wicked first post dude, you are so right, I'm gonna head down to the local cop shop and piss all over the hoods of some cop cars while smoking a cigarette, it's not like I'd rather spend my time riding my sled instead of talking to the RC's while they check my lights, plates, etc...I'll look like such a bad ass sitting on the side of the highway though.....:rolleyes:

Have fun driving the combine.

you get the same feeling too, hmm i was thinking i was a rebel:d:beer:

Top Bottom