Complaining about registration in Valemount thread

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Fawking money grabs..... registration and insurance is for losers...it's void after 4 drinks anyhow so what's the point I'm only insured until 10:15am......as bad as paying a $25 trail fee just to ride a whooped out trail, better to sleep in and wait for the fee collectors to go home, or park down the road and take the back way in.... I leave all my empties in the cabin and the club gets the $$$$ for them, that's my contribution...

And go..... Tired of going to conditions thread and reading about registration.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ones i seen get fines had 2 weeks to get registered and send in. then ticket would be toren up,does not sound like a money grab if people were running legal would not be a issue. plates did not have to be mounted .
glad to see this relocated instead of in valemount snow conditions

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always questioned why I registered my sleds riding 99% in crown land. The only reason I do is so I can avoid the nuisance of this occurrence. Last week when they were checking in clemina i'll thanks the fella for the heads up as we were unloading. Didn't take much time to decide were I was riding that day, Keyhole through the trees we went. Don't have the time or day for them guys even being completely legal. I go out to enjoy myself, not to deal with such.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny you started this thread

see a conservation officer at bolder yesterday, there was two guys that shoes up from sask, father and son I think.. Overheard the officer tell them if they can't provide registration they could not ride.. Did that father tear a strip off that guy.. He and his son drove 15 hrs non stop to be told that..

stupidest law there is..

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

see a conservation officer at bolder yesterday, there was two guys that shoes up from sask, father and son I think.. Overheard the officer tell them if they can't provide registration they could not ride.. Did that father tear a strip off that guy.. He and his son drove 15 hrs non stop to be told that..

stupidest law there is..

And the CO was wrong. If they're from Sask they don't need to be registered because Sask has no registration. Straight from the compliance officer's mouth in Cranbrook.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the province you live in has no registration, you do not have to register in BC. Insurance? Don't think you can dodge that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well back in the mid eighties, I got pulled over by the troopers just north of Yellowstone for not having a plate and registration, while I was ditch banging. I explained to the trooper that we didn't need to have plates in Alberta. So then he said he'd follow me back to the nearest place that sold you a sticker registration making it legal for I think $25 back then. And the best part was that you ticked off on a selection of riding areas where you wanted your money allocated. Even cross country skiers had to get a separate sticker for each pair of skis. I've always thought since that day in Yellowstone that was the best way to allocate funds to a riding area, rather then buying a plate in Alberta and all the money goes into general revenues for the government.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the province you live in has no registration, you do not have to register in BC. Insurance? Don't think you can dodge that one.

Don't require insurance on a sled in BC. Never have. ATV's are a different story though.

It's right here:

Last edited:

SRogers

Reaction score
What a bunch of complaining! If you're gonna dish the $$$ out to buy the sled pull your head out of down south and do the registration good grief, it's really disappointing the attitudes in this thread! I drive from SK 6 of us (4kids) and if they want to ride they do what is required no complaints and we still have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, im not from bc, but I read an article stating: in bc, Registration is a one time thing at a cost of about 50-60$. And a sticker is an option instead of a plate!

What is the big deal about that? Maybe your sled doesn't get stolen because the thief can't ride it anywhere! Or keeps people from leaving their junk sled in the backcountry if it craps out!

In Alberta we have to pay that fee every year! I just pay to avoid the hassle if I do to checked! Not sure why if you bring your sled from sask you would be exempt! You should have to play by the rules of where you choose to ride, Doesn't matter who thinks they are correct, you never win an argument with a conservation officer or a cop!

slopok

Reaction score
Well we have to have plates here also its $130ish per riding season and with that you get a trail permit no insurance you must be registered unless you only ride private land so no plates from sask is no excuse.

stupidest law there is..

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, im not from bc, but I read an article stating: in bc, Registration is a one time thing at a cost of about 50-60$.

Plus the 12% PST we have to pay on the used sled we just bought that's probably had tax paid on it 3 or 4 times already.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the CO was wrong. If they're from Sask they don't need to be registered because Sask has no registration. Straight from the compliance officer's mouth in Cranbrook.

Sask has registration. just stopped 12 riders from sask checking registration and all but the bike had registration. for the record out of 89 riders checked that day all but 4 had registration.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sask has registration. just stopped 12 riders from sask checking registration and all but the bike had registration. for the record out of 89 riders checked that day all but 4 had registration.

Yup, I stand corrected. Sask has snowmobile registration but no ATV registration, just like BC used to be.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

Top Bottom