Commercial traffic between Revy and Golden

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to travel from Fernie to Kelowna over the weekend and trying to decide on highway 3 or highway 1.

Highway 1 route is 50 km further but I’ve heard there is way more commercial truck traffic on highway 3 due to the storm damage out west. Can anyone comment on the amount of truck traffic between Golden and Revelstoke. It’s supposed to storm a bit over the weekend so trying to gather current information.

One mountain pass via highway 1 versus 4 mountain passes via hwy 3 and 33

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you travel early it will be better. I cruised from SA to Golden on the weekend at 5am and the highways were empty it was great. Golden to SA in the afternoon had a ton more truck traffic.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least TCH is well plowed and you just got to watch out for the other morons.

Seriously, Albertans have been know to speed and take chances. Just chill and get there 1/2 hr later.

You owe me, younand your kids that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday had to pin it by 20 semis and 50 cars at the Rodgers pass going 40km on that uphill passing section

Then it was 120 and didnt run into any vehicles to pass rest of the way.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was surprised a psycho bc logger tried running us all off the road, he was empty and really mad the front guy was only doing 110 in fast lane,somebody called rcmp and they pulled him over in Revy,his crazy stunt only got him 2 vehicles ahead.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm don't think there will be to much extra traffic on the 3 that far east. From what i've seen in Princeton is the majority of the commercial traffic from the coast is taking the 5A to the 97C and heading to Merritt to get on the Coq to Kamloops.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm don't think there will be to much extra traffic on the 3 that far east. From what i've seen in Princeton is the majority of the commercial traffic from the coast is taking the 5A to the 97C and heading to Merritt to get on the Coq to Kamloops.
Thanks for that. The commercial traffic thru Fernie has definitely increased but I’m thinking a lot of that is heading south at Creston and heading thru the states.

Decide in the morning when I check the DriveBC website for the road closures.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden to Revy was decent today. Snowy roads, but traffic was light. Golden hasn’t had power in over 24hrs now and sounds like it may be a while yet - no restaurants, gas stations, etc. have to plan ahead.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday had to pin it by 20 semis and 50 cars at the Rodgers pass going 40km on that uphill passing section

Then it was 120 and didnt run into any vehicles to pass rest of the way.
Ha ha that’s how I roll two. Catch up to a Pack of dumbness as soon as you possibly can pass and run out front no drama.

Top Bottom