Coalition government????

sledhead65

Reaction score
The Canadian electorate said "no" to Dion and "no" to Layton. Since when does that "no" now mean "yes." When it's convenient to the left? :rant:

We are in this mess because a separatist party with allegiance to a small segment of but one province was allowed to gain entry into the federal arena. They want out of Canada and expect us to pay to help them... Read More do that, it's beyond belief.

If you happen to live outside Quebec, as in one of the other nine provinces and three territories, you cannot vote for the Bloc Quebecois -- or vote against it. You are left without a say, yet the Bloc Quebecois will have a cross-Canada veto in the Layton-Dion scheme.

For it was Mulroney, after all, who sought out and coaxed Lucien Bouchard into his government in order to quell the rising spirit of Quebec separatism, only to have Bouchard turn on him like a political Judas and form the Bloc while still sitting in the Commons.

And that opened the door to today's crisis.

There is one possible benefit if a election happens inthe new year,voter apathy may be greatly diminished. We all know someone who doesnt vote, maybe this will wake them up, personally i like what Australia does, if you don't vote you get fined.

Zipp

Reaction score
Lets get this straight: Harper is getting the boot because he does not want to run a deficit, wants to lower taxes, give less of our money to political parties, wants to blink prior to giving big bucks to bail outs.

The east economy is in the tank, still lots of money out west.

Watch out, here it comes: the new and improved NEP. Make them westerners pay. Real Good. While they are at it, they can push their green agenda, and be re-elected for years to come.

Captain Jack, Stephanie, and Gill will look like heros, as we sink into the worst recession we have ever seen. Projects will be cancelled, not just delayed.

Yup, guess I better work some more overtime. I will need it to buy the anal lube, cuz we are going to get skrewed.

JMHO

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comrade Layton and Deceppe have had this plan of a coalition cooked up long before the last election. This time they have been able to seduce the hap-hazard Liberals in going along with the plan but there seems to be some decention among a few Liberals over the coalition plan. Who can blame them after watching there leader bumble along during his amature presentation last night on national T.V.. I have seen my teenage kids do a more professional presentation for school projects.

Billy Boy:cool:

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
layton-2.jpg

snakeoil1.jpg

1liberals.jpg

west.jpg

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you share my mind set, please dial the following number. There's no need to talk. Only takes ten seconds.

I did, and this is why. I have problems enough with Separatists sitting in the House of Commons, and speaking on our national Leader's debates to a select few voters, but it is nothing to what I feel about them forming part of the Government of the Country they refuse to be a part of. And then, to hold the vital votes necessary to approve or reject every governmental program presented, from Budget to Throne Speech to provincial financing to immigration to ..... you fill in the blanks. That's just too much.
Coalitions have their place and have been effective in Canada in the past when overcoming a government that has conducted themselves in a criminal fashion. Coalitions should NOT be the choice during a time of financial restraint, or in the face of proactive efforts to counteract possible deficit in the face of global economic disaster.
Perhaps public funding of elections is not a bad deal. However, with an election just fought and won with Canadian voters from across the country participating, who would have thought the Opposition would have been so threatened by a withdrawl of electioneering finance? Logically there wouldn't be another election for 3 plus years. Surely when so many Canadians are dealing with shortages of money in time sensitive areas such as rents, mortgages, utility bills and kids clothing---political funding is hardly worth throwing the country into a tailspin?
Perhaps I'm a pessimist but I cannot see the Three Not-so-wise Men holding companionable hands for a three year period. As a matter of fact, the Bloc Quebecois have only signed on for 18 months. But in the meantime, where is the unemotional hand on the tiller? Financial experts from around the world have spoken out with admiration for Canada and her leaders who saw the writing on the economic wall and actually took steps in advance. Thus Canada at this point is one of the few countries still in control of their financial situation.
The Liberals will be electioneering behind their chosen Prime Minister. How generous of the 3 candidates to let poor old Dion flounder through the months ahead while they spend the next 5 months with their mind on anything BUT the economy! Layton will be trying on various Statesman Suits while explaining why six seats in a Cabinet of 18 is a good deal. And the Bloc will smile on the sidelines, squeezing where it is most painful, but in a position to delay and/or Bloc until the piper is paid.
So there it is. Over to you. Perhaps we can hope that some sort of balance will emerge leaving our elected officials room on their calendars to actually GOVERN!

This Ottawa phone number registers a No vote to the coalition.

416 870 4444

This sponsored by CITY TV

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i voted!!!!!!! no to the 3 jackazzes!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
If you share my mind set, please dial the following number. There's no need to talk. Only takes ten seconds.

I did, and this is why. I have problems enough with Separatists sitting in the House of Commons, and speaking on our national Leader's debates to a select few voters, but it is nothing to what I feel about them forming part of the Government of the Country they refuse to be a part of. And then, to hold the vital votes necessary to approve or reject every governmental program presented, from Budget to Throne Speech to provincial financing to immigration to ..... you fill in the blanks. That's just too much.
Coalitions have their place and have been effective in Canada in the past when overcoming a government that has conducted themselves in a criminal fashion. Coalitions should NOT be the choice during a time of financial restraint, or in the face of proactive efforts to counteract possible deficit in the face of global economic disaster.
Perhaps public funding of elections is not a bad deal. However, with an election just fought and won with Canadian voters from across the country participating, who would have thought the Opposition would have been so threatened by a withdrawl of electioneering finance? Logically there wouldn't be another election for 3 plus years. Surely when so many Canadians are dealing with shortages of money in time sensitive areas such as rents, mortgages, utility bills and kids clothing---political funding is hardly worth throwing the country into a tailspin?
Perhaps I'm a pessimist but I cannot see the Three Not-so-wise Men holding companionable hands for a three year period. As a matter of fact, the Bloc Quebecois have only signed on for 18 months. But in the meantime, where is the unemotional hand on the tiller? Financial experts from around the world have spoken out with admiration for Canada and her leaders who saw the writing on the economic wall and actually took steps in advance. Thus Canada at this point is one of the few countries still in control of their financial situation.
The Liberals will be electioneering behind their chosen Prime Minister. How generous of the 3 candidates to let poor old Dion flounder through the months ahead while they spend the next 5 months with their mind on anything BUT the economy! Layton will be trying on various Statesman Suits while explaining why six seats in a Cabinet of 18 is a good deal. And the Bloc will smile on the sidelines, squeezing where it is most painful, but in a position to delay and/or Bloc until the piper is paid.
So there it is. Over to you. Perhaps we can hope that some sort of balance will emerge leaving our elected officials room on their calendars to actually GOVERN!

This Ottawa phone number registers a No vote to the coalition.

416 870 4444

This sponsored by CITY TV

Phoned and it is a BIG NO NO NO NOand fricken NO

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"We have to work together" why is it that is all i hear?

There is no plan to work together. Sounds more like a plan to bail out.
What are the #'s 15 billion $ in equalization payments FROM ALBERTA !
But wait now we need a few more bucks to bail out the rest, of the east.
Here is an idea , lets steam roll the gov. Then we can toss a few more taxes
at the west. They think they are so high and mighty with their gas and oil, we'll just tax the ever living bejubus out of them.

This post is all over the place makes very little sense, kinda like a gov we didnt want.
P.S. Wasnt there something about the being a leadership race for the liberals right after they LOST ?

How many from the west are sick and tired of being the wefare office for the east?

:twocents::twocents: tossed out an extra 2 cents maybe someone from the east has an opinion

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"P.S. Wasnt there something about the being a leadership race for the liberals right after they LOST ?"

Yes there is and they wont decide untill April at the Liberal leadership convention. Funny thing is that they are holding it out west in Vancouver, you bet that they will have a few protesters out welcoming them out west..LMAO

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is sad while these three jokers are trying to be king of the hill we have soldiers that are being killed in Afghanistan. May they rest in peace.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is sad while these three jokers are trying to be king of the hill we have soldiers that are being killed in Afghanistan. May they rest in peace.

sounds like the Liberals are backing out of this as fast as they can. new polss show Harper would have a landslide majority, not what the Libs were hoping would come out of this.

steveo

Reaction score
sounds like the Liberals are backing out of this as fast as they can. new polss show Harper would have a landslide majority, not what the Libs were hoping would come out of this.

I wish they would call an election right away and get a majority gov and that way we would be ok for 4 years and then the rest of the country would see that he is a good prime minister.........just:twocents: and here is some for layton, dion, and the other moron in quebec :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

lowmark

Reaction score
Wow for a bunch of mountain destroying sledheads there are some deep thinkers in our midst.
Ive always been disgusted with Qebek for wanting to seperate but if it happens WESTERN CANADA dont sound that bad.
legislation registration confiscation REVOLUTION

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one good thing that has come out of this coalition mess is that it has moved the apathetic Canadian off their butts and become engaged in the political process. Just look at this past weekends demonstrations, it looks like the anti-coalition protestors outnumbered the pro-coalition protestors by alot. I listened to Comrade Layton on the radio on the weekend and he did not sound as cocky as he usally does. I think the Liberals and possibly some of the NDP are looking for a graceful way of backing out of this hair brain scheme. Way to go Canadians but do not let up, keep the politicians feet to the fire!!!!!

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I caught the tail end of a news cast that indicated Ignachia (spell ?) is takin over from dion. Did I hear right? Is this before the Jan reconvien of parliment?
most likely yes. the lib party would like to see him chosen by caucas on wednesday as the INTERM leader until they can hold their convention in may. all depends on how bad bob rae wants the job though, cause he might fight for it thus prolonging the process. the longer dion stays in, the better off the country will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CREEP

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I caught the tail end of a news cast that indicated Ignachia (spell ?) is takin over from dion. Did I hear right? Is this before the Jan reconvien of parliment?

Michael Ignatief will be the next leader of the federal Liberal party. This, following reports that rival candidate Bob Rae has told confidantes during a teleconference call today that he is withdrawing from the race.

(From 630 ched)

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most likely yes. the lib party would like to see him chosen by caucas on wednesday as the INTERM leader until they can hold their convention in may. all depends on how bad bob rae wants the job though, cause he might fight for it thus prolonging the process. the longer dion stays in, the better off the country will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CREEP

Canada opposition Liberals get new leader -reports
Tue Dec 9, 2008 11:02am EST Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page |
Trading will never be the same.OTTAWA, Dec 9 (Reuters) - Michael Ignatieff, the standard bearer for the right wing of Canada's main opposition Liberal Party, will become party leader after the last of his rivals drops out, news reports said on Tuesday.

The Canadian Press and CTV television said Bob Rae, on the left of the party, would announce on Tuesday afternoon that he is pulling out of the leadership race.

That would leave former Harvard professor Ignatieff to be appointed leader. He has cautioned against automatically trying to topple the minority Conservative government of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and has been more inclined to support military action abroad than some other Liberals. (Reporting by Randall Palmer; editing by Peter Galloway)

Top Bottom