Clutching for an ETEC.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does everyone thing of the stock clutching on their new etec summits?

Im finding that mine does not backshift fast enough. When i get on it then let off, soon as i go to get back on the power it doesn't seem to have backshifted fast enough.

Any of you guys out there running a DJ or roosterbuilt clutch kit yet in the hills?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im finding that mine does not backshift fast enough. When i get on it then let off, soon as i go to get back on the power it doesn't seem to have backshifted fast enough.

Any of you guys out there running a DJ or roosterbuilt clutch kit yet in the hills?

I actually didn't think the stock clutching was that bad seemed to backshift good, there is definately room for improvement. Did you try cleaning your clutches yet? Waiting for someone to perfect a e-tec clutch kit I have a roosterbuilt kit in my 09 and it works awsome.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think my clutches would be too dirty yet?.. Sled only has 76 miles with little to no belt dust.

Canadian JR

Reaction score
If you ride in the steep and deep you will need to make some clutching improvements for both better performance and belt life. I have over 500kms on my Etec all in Revy and have wrecked 1 belt and the second is already starting to look bad. I had the new software update done last week and also confirmed that my sled is 100% completely through it's breakin. So next week will confirm the latest setup changes in Revy.
Backshift is a problem and really noticable when going down steep hills. The stock clutching lets the clutch disengage at 4000rpm(24kmh) and then you only have the brakes to slow you down. I installed a 130/350 spring in mine and it helped reduce the clutch engagement to 3700rpm and also holds the clutches engaged down to 18kmh when going down hill. The spring change only fixes the start engagement and downhill breaking.
Other clutching changes will be needed and for what I here lots of tests will be happening over the next week which should confirm a great clutch setup for the etec.
Some have already geared down the Etec's with good results. I have done this on all my other Revs and Xps with good results but will wait until the next set of tests before going there.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.

If you want some of the best clutching on a e-tec or any xp, talk to Powderlites in Sicamous. I ride with a fellow that has over 5000km. on a belt with very little venting on the sled, and it rips.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

#1 ya gotta run Premium: 91 Octane
#2 stock muffler? ; some cans will cause knock sensor to activate & "detune" engine performance
#3 the re-flash does improve mid-range performance/calibration
#4 500kms on it, and you're in the unbridled power mode
#6 if you are running over 8000rpm you might be hitting the rev limiter at times; best RPM 8000 -100 (& none over)
:cool:
Hang On, it gets even better.

Top Bottom