clutching a pro

northernguy888

Reaction score
i have a 15 pro rmk 800. I'm not happy with the back shift track speeds in the deeper snow. It seems to power out and wont stay with summits etc. I want to clutch it and I'm considering the mds clutch kit. I noticed the kit only comes with adjustable weights. Will just weights make that big of a difference? I'm a flatlander from northern ontario. Any advice or other clutch kits would be deeply appreciated.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run a Carls Gear down. Excellent stage 1 on these sleds

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 15 pro rmk 800. I'm not happy with the back shift track speeds in the deeper snow. It seems to power out and wont stay with summits etc. I want to clutch it and I'm considering the mds clutch kit. I noticed the kit only comes with adjustable weights. Will just weights make that big of a difference? I'm a flatlander from northern ontario. Any advice or other clutch kits would be deeply appreciated.

The Pro can benefit from a roller bearing kit which lets it quickly backshift. The force it takes to open the secondary slows down its response. This kits makes it smooth as butter.

Attachments

• Team Roller Bearing.pdf
    277.9 KB · Views: 196

rcardle20

Reaction score
Get off our wallet and buy turbo ya cheapo!!!

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to next stiffer secondary spring from team. Another 20lbs on finish rate and that should help you without breaking the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is what I have ran and have found it to be better for throttle response and back shift. run 10-64 weights with an SLP blue/pink primary spring, add delrin washers to your secondary and run the Team Red/black spring with the stock helix.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im gearing down my 13 and gonna try the kurts clutch kit this year. Comes with both springs, helix and delrin washer i believe. You then use the stock polaris weights. In the past i sent my primary to carls cycle to have the sheaves machined, balanced and their full clutch kit. Used epi weights. Was really good.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mds weights seem to work really well or the slp mtx and they are adjustable.

corey.greene

Reaction score
Mds weights seem to work really well or the slp mtx and they are adjustable.

I currently have the slp MTX weights. Just wanting to try a set of belly busters and see if has more snap on the low end.

Top Bottom