Clunking noise when starting Brute Force

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Brute Force

I would say yes, because you have now moved the power band on your quad. Instead of starting off in 1st gear you may be starting off as high as 3rd gear, this in return will prematurely wear out the clutch and belt, and is hard on the engine. What happens when you get stuck? you wont have the power probably even to turn the wheels, this will even create more heat in the engine. Now you are into an over heating problem and you know what heat does to an engine $$$$$$$$$$ get a clutch kit and save your money. good luck. Don't forget to say thanks to the ones who help you out. cheers

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so are ya getting a clunking noise when starting the engine or starting out?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Brute Force

I would say yes, because you have now moved the power band on your quad. Instead of starting off in 1st gear you may be starting off as high as 3rd gear, this in return will prematurely wear out the clutch and belt, and is hard on the engine. What happens when you get stuck? you wont have the power probably even to turn the wheels, this will even create more heat in the engine. Now you are into an over heating problem and you know what heat does to an engine $$$$$$$$$$ get a clutch kit and save your money. good luck. Don't forget to say thanks to the ones who help you out. cheers

I ran 28" tires on my Brute 750 with no clutch kit and had no issues whatsoever. No overheating, when stuck in even the thickest goo could spin the tires with ease and there are only 2 gears anyways, Fast and faster!! LOL.

It all depends on which 28" tire though, I had Maxxis Zillas and they are the lightest aggressive tire on the market.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes need more info all brute clutches i have heard clunk sound a little if it is snorkels u can just hear it better. could always get a stiffer secondary for them 28s

Top Bottom