Chute climbing vids????

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
There is NOTHING in mountain sledding that is more of a rush and satisfying then pulling a chute. They are the most memorable moments of my sledding career even though i no longer pull extreme chutes i find it very difficult not to do any chutes. Once its in your blood, its like a drug, thus why some ride turbo'ed 4 strokes sleds for the need to satisfy that addiction.
I have past on from certain pull's and for the rest of the day it nags me with regret that i should had pulled it but maybe that is a good thing.
Same same

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is NOTHING in mountain sledding that is more of a rush and satisfying then pulling a chute. They are the most memorable moments of my sledding career even though i no longer pull extreme chutes i find it very difficult not to do any chutes. Once its in your blood, its like a drug, thus why some ride turbo'ed 4 strokes sleds for the need to satisfy that addiction.
I have past on from certain pull's and for the rest of the day it nags me with regret that i should had pulled it but maybe that is a good thing.

the only thing that stops me from trying more is the cost of not making it and watching dollar bills fly...lol...biggest rush I had on a sled for sure. I did couple airport chutes to warm up first...they are always a good time too.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only thing that stops me from trying more is the cost of not making it and watching dollar bills fly...lol...biggest rush I had on a sled for sure. I did couple airport chutes to warm up first...they are always a good time too.

OH believe me i pick and choose my climbs too.
Last weekend one of the guys i was riding with thought i was going to pull a chute, he pulled his helmet cam out to catch it and i tell you it was tempting. I went part ways and checked it out and was uncomfortable with 2 things. One, she was loaded at the top and we were on the leeward side with all the fresh snow.
Two, the chute was hour glass shape, about mid way it was skinny so i had no escape route if it went sideways.
I really think i could had pulled it, it would had been a great pull but....maybe another day. LOL

Ya i like the airport, great place for practice runs, i clipped the rock face once there and "f"up the a-arms on my Nytro a few years back. I came in WAY TOO HOT and started drifting till it was too late. Dumb newbie mistake, i should had known better.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Last weekend one of the guys i was riding with thought i was going to pull a chute, he pulled his helmet cam out to catch it and i tell you it was tempting. I went part ways and checked it out and was uncomfortable with 2 things. One, she was loaded at the top and we were on the leeward side with all the fresh snow.
Two, the chute was hour glass shape, about mid way it was skinny so i had no escape route if it went sideways.
I really think i could had pulled it, it would had been a great pull but....maybe another day. LOL

Ya i like the airport, great place for practice runs, i clipped the rock face once there and "f"up the a-arms on my Nytro a few years back. I came in WAY TOO HOT and started drifting till it was too late. Dumb newbie mistake, i should had known better.

Hey that's great decision making Lund. I feel ya as I recently made the exact same decision for exact same reasons. Cool! I had more info than earlier years to help my decision. Avalanche.ca, mountain forecast, recent ride reports and experience.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice climbs. Climbing anything very steep last weekend would have been a challenge. We were in turtle last Saturday and snow conditions were not that great. Four to six inches of fresh on top of a soft crust.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Think that’s my biggest mistake too is too much speed entering ...when we first looked at the top of monster chute and saw how many turns you had to do just to stay in the gut of the chute and the rocks showing that usually aren’t I said no way not trying this year....then next day my buddy said let’s go into monster bowl just to “check it out”...no one had been in their and was nice fresh powder...figured I’d just go look at entry...did couple pulls up too it...my buddy says “ think how pumped you’d be if you pulled that chute right now...and of coarse i thought hard for bout 15 min about...then turned my helmet cam on said wish me luck...lol...so glad I tried now! So then of coarse I had courage the next day in turtle...lol...almost had bad carnage there..got lucky though.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think that’s my biggest mistake too is too much speed entering ...when we first looked at the top of monster chute and saw how many turns you had to do just to stay in the gut of the chute and the rocks showing that usually aren’t I said no way not trying this year....then next day my buddy said let’s go into monster bowl just to “check it out”...no one had been in their and was nice fresh powder...figured I’d just go look at entry...did couple pulls up too it...my buddy says “ think how pumped you’d be if you pulled that chute right now...and of coarse i thought hard for bout 15 min about...then turned my helmet cam on said wish me luck...lol...so glad I tried now! So then of coarse I had courage the next day in turtle...lol...almost had bad carnage there..got lucky though.

It's a common mistake and easily done on a turbo, you think you need to hit it hard at first and then realize your coming in too fast and can barely control the direction you need to go and end up bouncing off a wall, thus why a couple of good practice runs are good to get a feel for the snow and to gauge the throttle control.
Unlike the other morning we went up the Dog House chute at Eagles first thing in the morning to get to the prime snow. I sat there saying to myself, "are we really doing this right now, my coffee has hardly kicked in" LOL

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a common mistake and easily done on a turbo, you think you need to hit it hard at first and then realize your coming in too fast and can barely control the direction you need to go and end up bouncing off a wall, thus why a couple of good practice runs are good to get a feel for the snow and to gauge the throttle control.
Unlike the other morning we went up the Dog House chute at Eagles first thing in the morning to get to the prime snow. I sat there saying to myself, "are we really doing this right now, my coffee has hardly kicked in" LOL

Which one do you call the dog house chute?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh so you guys call the climb into piper dog house. I was thinking the the one directly above the water fall that goes right then left

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same chute but the one that run's up then right then left is off the lake behind the cabin.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe your thinking of tetris Jorgy... its to the left of the dog house when looking up at it, and the drop of doom is to the right.

Top Bottom