Christmas Spirit

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are taking the tridrive water truck out to flood the local rinks today and the wife and kids are at the church making up hampers... what its really all about I hope! Share your giving story to hopefully inspire others to doo what they can to spread the true meaning of Christmas. Not looking for any praises to stroke my ego with this thread, just trying to help where we can. Nothing is too small, just make the world better however you can! Cheers!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other day I was starving so went into an establishment to have a couple beers and something to eat. It was close to 5:00pm and the town was insane and I was about to kill somebody because Im not a busy town kinda guy. Anyway, I had a young waitress and she turned my mood around and by the end of the visit I got the bill. I asked her if she was going to collage, she said she had just finished and had some bills to pay. So I tipped her approx. 65% and said thanks and have a Merry Christmas. Her reaction was all I needed. Made me feel good to help somebody that I didn't know. A complete random act of kindness.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a tenant that has custody of her two grand daughters plus going thru bone cancer treatments and now cant work. Her grand daughters are really nice kids despite a loser of a mother but thats another story. Anyway, I see her struggles daily and wanted to put a smile on her face so gave her $500 bucks and a turkey not for my personal satisfaction but to see someone smile again. Merry Christmas to all of you on S&M and wish you all the very best for 2019!!

Dennis

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every now and then if I see someone that’s looks like they need a little boost in there day behind me at Tim Hortons I pick up the bill. We all know how stressful this time of year can be.
Merry Xmas
Yes Merry Xmas Mr Trudumb!

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A local dental clinic had an idea this year to try and bring some Christmas spirit to a local Senior's Assisted Living Home where they don't always have something to open Christmas morning. They had each of the residents with no families, or at least not any that visit, write out a few things that they would like on a paper leaf, which was then hung on a tree at a local pharmacy. People could look at what was being asked for and pull one off, try and fill the order, wrap it and anonymously drop it off back at the clinic to be delivered Christmas Day. Ended up grabbing 5 leaves, some asked for things like slippers, gloves, a lap blanket, etc., but when you see someone asking for "food staples" your heart just goes out to them - needless to say I think that gentleman is going to be pretty happy. When I dropped everything off yesterday I asked how their project was going and was told the response has been overwhelming and that all of the leaves had been picked. Nice to see people still care to bring a little joy into the hearts of someone they don't know and will likely never meet.

Merry Christmas to one and all!

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I donated blood last week , made a $200 donation to Christmas Bureau, $20 to Salvation Army, dropped some old clothes off at the charity bin and most importantly reached out to my sister who annoys me with being difficult , and organized a family get together and worked around her schedule. Christmas to me is about visiting, food and drink with family and friends and trying to help others that are not fortunate enough to have the same luxuries that i have.
Merry Xmas.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been a couple of times the past week where somebody pissed me off and I wanted to tell them to go **** themselves, but in the christmas spirit I just smiled and kept it to myself.

Top Bottom