Christmas bonus?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Night at the Fairmont McDonald and a fancy azz dinner and $200 pre-paid Amex. Wasn't expecting anything, last company I was at gave us $25 Tims cards.
Don't expect anything so something even little is welcome.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine owns a trucking company maintenance shop. He told me every year he puts $25,000 in a kitty for the shop tech's. Everytime they have a screw up the cost of that is deducted off the kitty total. At the end of the year the 4 techs split whatever is left as a year end bonus. Simple idea and creates an edgy atmosphere in the shop if someone is not pulling up there socks?

That would create a very uncomfortable working atmosphere. I don't agree with using the shotgun effect for bonuses or discipline. Give your best employees the best bonuses and give discipline to the ones that need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I've never expected a bonus, so when it has happened on rare occasions, I've been both surprised and appreciative.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would create a very uncomfortable working atmosphere. I don't agree with using the shotgun effect for bonuses or discipline. Give your best employees the best bonuses and give discipline to the ones that need it.

He says it works. Guys see the prize and do the job right. Lots of guys out there putting in time. Some need to give the boss a bonus instead of the other way around. Lol.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He says it works. Guys see the prize and do the job right. Lots of guys out there putting in time. Some need to give the boss a bonus instead of the other way around. Lol.
I like the way you think! Want a job? Lol

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snopro, I could only see this working if all four techs are qualified and they all contribute equally. I'd be pissed at bonus time if a useless P.O.S. got the same bonus as me and I'd done twice the work all year. IMHO, bonuses should be based on performance and nothing else. They're not legislated, so use them to reward your best employees.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you think about it they don't have to give you anything so how can a person bitch about a gift. My work gives out a bonus in August and one again at Christmas and it depends on how they are doing that year. Best year was $4000 combined and worst year was $100 cash at Christmas. But as I said they don't have to give anything so just be happy that you get something whatever it is.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm the boss, just my son and I. .I'm a subcontractor gave my son a 1 week all inclusive to Mexico was $1500 also bought him a new hand gun 3 months ago.My wife works in a law firm and got $2000 less taxes. Me I got a bonus of a 43 unit condo project to start Monday. Will be very busy all winter.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd get them a $100 gift card

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually get $1000-1500 and a $100 restaurant gift card. I never expect or rely on it as I consider it bonus. I thank the boss every year, he told me some people don't say anything to him. I bet they would be the ones bitching if they did not get the bonus.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked at a few places in my welding career. Some places nothing some places a box of chocolates or a hat or something with the company name on it. This year I was very surprised I started in May as shop Forman so I haven't worked there for very long so I didn't expected nothing. I opened my pay stub and got $2500 bonus! I almost gave my boss a hug lol. But I do work my ass off! I work how ever long he needs me to drop my personal plans when he needs me to work so I guess that goes to show he appreciates what's i do for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had to work over the holidays, so I've been able to spend every Christmas with family and friends....that there is a pretty good bonus. I'm okay with buying my own turkey or prepaid Visa card.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snopro, I could only see this working if all four techs are qualified and they all contribute equally. I'd be pissed at bonus time if a useless P.O.S. got the same bonus as me and I'd done twice the work all year. IMHO, bonuses should be based on performance and nothing else. They're not legislated, so use them to reward your best employees.

I agree HV. Unfortunately guys talk and when one gets more than another then you have pizzed off guys and they mope around and go anti establishment. The whole thing is sticky business. Glad I don't have to worry about it any more.

Top Bottom