Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha was wondering if you did anything DIFFERENT to prevent the top of the door from freezing.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of trying to polish the lip like we used to do to the aluminum tunnels but might make it worse.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its freezing there you have too much humidity I think. Fan for circulation? Otherwise try something simple like cooking spray or vaseline on the rubber.
Thats worth a try as well Thanks.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You didn't tell me to rub slowly. Had to do the old defencive tackle hit to bring her down into submision on the weekend. You can't be leaving steps out on me Modman.

Last edited:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel isn't volatile and therefore doesn't explode. Gas can too close to a heater likely, or a propane furnace.
I found out the hard way that diesel does indeed explode if heated. I got a real nifty hair cut of every hair on my face lighting a wood heater once. Put wood in and a little splash of diesel and some got on the coals in the ashes, threw a match in and ended up with blisters all over my noggin :ROFLMAO:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found out the hard way that diesel does indeed explode if heated. I got a real nifty hair cut of every hair on my face lighting a wood heater once. Put wood in and a little splash of diesel and some got on the coals in the ashes, threw a match in and ended up with blisters all over my noggin :ROFLMAO:
sure it will explode if you heat it....or pressurize it.....or both. :p I'd advise against doing either if you're face is near it. LOL . but at ambient pressure and temp it does not vapourize and therefore is not volatile like gasoline.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had any of you guys tried to put in a fuel filter? Was draining tank and there was a smiggin of dirt in bottom.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it part of pump assembly or stand alone?
All of the ones I've seen are on the stand alone tanks, not the all in one units. Mine looks like this but its got a blue cap and a different screen. As long as it sits below the tank in a vertical orientation and above the pump so it won't cause it to cavitate, I don't see why you couldn't install one on an all-in-one heater. You might want something with a finer screen than this one has, more like a paper element.
61Fpx0UWV3L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we have all in one unit and only see the pump, no filter. Thanks for the advice.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom